Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Party naked at Lake Mead!

H2O
    It sound like if you want to "do what you do" without a large LE presence, Lake Mead is the place to go. Check out these stats from last weeks News Herald -
    Mohave County Sheriff's Office, the agency with primary jurisdiction of the river's Arizona side, also will have the vast majority of its fleet on Lake Havasu. “We have 17 boats and 15 will be on Lake Havasu starting (today), with two on Lake Mead,” said MCSO spokeswoman Trish Carter. “Plus, we will have the Sheriff's Office Auxiliary out. These are volunteers who have specialized boat training to assist the deputies.”
    the full article is here - http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2...ews/news03.txt
    So if Lake Mead is roughly 25 times the size of Lake Havasu, and there are 7.5 times as many patrol boats (let me get my calculator)...that means there is 187 times more Po Po per square mile at Havasu than Mead.
    I not saying that's a good or a bad thing, and I understand the reason why, but it kind of makes you wonder... Is this the beginning of the end of the Havasu we know and love?
    When "everyone" (i.e the general public catches on) does that mean the party is almost over??? Endless examples of this....
    * Flipping houses
    * Hot stocks
    * South Beach
    * tramp stamps
    Has Havasu finally jumped the shark???

HYPNAUTIC
    Mead was (what I thought) pretty dead on Sunday. Drive right up and launch. and maybe a 30 minute line to retrieve. Although the lake was pretty blown out with white caps and some large rollers. I even met a board member out there. 496Mag, we'll make it out to Sandy Beach next time, it was nice meeting you!

westair
    Stopped by the Channel Island Market on Friday and within a few
    minutes seen four patrol boats just cruising channel and at least
    six more on foot (just the island side) along with the fire dept.
    This was just on Friday! Is anybody watching the rest of the city??

Lake Mead sux. Everyone go to Havasu.

GHT
    We'll be on Mead this weekend. We usually come back up here a couple times a year. It is a nice place to chill and relax and still run into a familiar face.

Racey
    Lake Mead sux. Everyone go to Havasu.
    What Rex said!

CRZYBTCH
    It sound like if you want to "do what you do" without a large LE presence, Lake Mead is the place to go. Check out these stats from last weeks News Herald -
    Mohave County Sheriff's Office, the agency with primary jurisdiction of the river's Arizona side, also will have the vast majority of its fleet on Lake Havasu. “We have 17 boats and 15 will be on Lake Havasu starting (today), with two on Lake Mead,” said MCSO spokeswoman Trish Carter. “Plus, we will have the Sheriff's Office Auxiliary out. These are volunteers who have specialized boat training to assist the deputies.”
    the full article is here - http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2...ews/news03.txt
    So if Lake Mead is roughly 25 times the size of Lake Havasu, and there are 7.5 times as many patrol boats (let me get my calculator)...that means there is 187 times more Po Po per square mile at Havasu than Mead.
    I not saying that's a good or a bad thing, and I understand the reason why, but it kind of makes you wonder... Is this the beginning of the end of the Havasu we know and love?
    When "everyone" (i.e the general public catches on) does that mean the party is almost over??? Endless examples of this....
    * Flipping houses
    * Hot stocks
    * South Beach
    * tramp stamps
    Has Havasu finally jumped the shark???
    well i will be out @ mead on Friday and Sunday

Jbb
    well i will be out @ mead on Friday and Sunday
    Will you bring ....cheetos?....

CRZYBTCH
    Will you bring ....cheetos?....
    whatever