Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat Ownership.....

mdunn01
    I thought that about my boats.....Till the County I live in sent me the personal property... tax notices for them....
    Ohh..your not alone, Here in the beautifull Republic of kalifornia in San Bernardino County we get taxed on our boats, its a freaking luxury tax.....whats some luxury about pouring countless dead presidents into a boat??

RitcheyRch
    Have that same tax in Los Angeles County.
    Ohh..your not alone, Here in the beautifull Republic of kalifornia in San Bernardino County we get taxed on our boats, its a freaking luxury tax.....whats some luxury about pouring countless dead presidents into a boat??

little rowe boat
    I own mine, no payments for 7 years now.

charlyox
    Saved uo and paid ca$h.

Riverdog1
    Most of us Jetters buy stuff seperate, paint them, upholster them, rig them and build a motor...but if you think about it and look at the credit card bill every season, even if you have the pink you're still making payments .

framer1
    Don't like payments.....boat paid for

WYRD
    I just went outside and trimmed back the money tree

MrBeam
    I owned my 20 outlaw outright but I had to go bigger.
    Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
    For someone who is supposed to be semi-intelligent I keep finding myself in situations that would embarrass a fool.

beaverretriever
    Our current boat is an 06 and almost paid for. Our new boat will be about 65%financed because we are taking the equity out of the old boat and paying off our second. Our wakeboard boat was an 05 and we paid cash for it.

dunaholic
    I bought the little one for cash but when I bought the big one last year it was a different issue. I had my broker all set to sell the investments I needed to pay cash when I realized I could finance it for 6.5% and write off the interest. My investments pay a much higher return and the value is still sitting there. I don't mind that it is not paid for when I know I can pay it off at any time and am certainly not talking about using the equity in homes. I don't think I could ever tie a boat loan to my house. Crazy in some eyes but it was an expensive boat.
    Leverage, Leverage, Leverage!!! This is the only way to own toys. Never take money from investments that are earning returns to buy an item that depreciates. I never pay cash for boats and I won't buy a new one.....EVER!!! I will let some other sucker (present company excluded of course) take the huge hit for the first 3-5 years and buy a nice clean used boat at half of the price. Never pay cash for boats or planes.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast