Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever felt helpless watching....

AirtimeLavey
    while you're on another person's boat, and they're about to do something badly wrong, and you see it coming? I was on a 38' cruiser this w/e out of LB and my friend got all sideways trying to get into the slip....:jawdrop: I wanted to say something, but just sat there quiet (ready to try and help bounce off the dock/other boats), cause I know when I'm doing something like that, I don't want to be distracted. Unfortunately, once sideways, the guy thought he was in reverse, but was still in forward, and hit the sticks for a quick burst. Wrong move. Hit dock, and possibliy other boat. Bad crunching noises. He eventually got it square, but was hugely embarrassed. I tried to play it off as it happens to all of us....plus, the wind, etc.. felt bad for him, but didn't think I could have done anything to prevent it.

Redding Rat
    To me that would be the best thing you could have done, that's the sign of a true friend!

voodoomedman
    Kinda tough but you seem to have done the right thing.
    I wouldn't mind if an experience boater gives me some tips calmly while they were on my boat. I do hate however, when it's crazy out or I'm just simply dropping anchor in a cove or at the Sandbar and everybody in my boat is telling me to look for this or for that or let's do this. My boat, my money, I have the experience and know how and have never put us in any danger. It drives me nuts because it is actually distracting me and can do more harm than good. If the boat is going to hit then get your butt up and stick your foot out to protect it because I am in the water on the other side and can't do much from there. Doesn't matter though as I don't get into situations where it is going to hit. Anyway rant over.

beaverretriever
    You should have yelled at him profusely, called im dumbass, all whilst pounding down a beer.
    Hey, we have all screwed up parking a boat, and if someone says they haven't they are lying.

Schiada76
    I have a friend that used to point and wave at EVERY water craft that came into his field of vision.
    I'd be rolling along or 70 or 80 and he'd suddenly start waving his hands and point towards some boat or jet ski 100 yards away heading in the opposite direction, no where near us. I finally had to yell at him to stop.
    Now he just waves his hands and points whenever we see a skier down, he's a little excitable.

dumbandyoung
    I wouldn't mind if an experience boater gives me some tips calmly while they were on my boat. I do hate however, when it's crazy out or I'm just simply dropping anchor in a cove or at the Sandbar and everybody in my boat is telling me to look for this or for that or let's do this. My boat, my money, I have the experience and know how and have never put us in any danger. It drives me nuts because it is actually distracting me and can do more harm than good. If the boat is going to hit then get your butt up and stick your foot out to protect it because I am in the water on the other side and can't do much from there. Doesn't matter though as I don't get into situations where it is going to hit. Anyway rant over.
    Agreed!

driverno8
    Agreed upon too!

AirtimeLavey
    Exactly how I feel. I'm always up and ready to bounce or catch, but usually stay quiet and let the driver do their thing.
    You should have yelled at him profusely, called im dumbass, all whilst pounding down a beer.
    Hey, we have all screwed up parking a boat, and if someone says they haven't they are lying.
    Lol...That's usually how my wife lets me know something may have a potential of going wrong (even if it's in only her mind... ) and definitely I've had my share of "learning experiences", like one time at Site 6.....
    I have a friend that used to point and wave at EVERY water craft that came into his field of vision.
    I'd be rolling along or 70 or 80 and he'd suddenly start waving his hands and point towards some boat or jet ski 100 yards away heading in the opposite direction, no where near us. I finally had to yell at him to stop.
    Now he just waves his hands and points whenever we see a skier down, he's a little excitable.
    Yep, the overly excitable ones can scare the crap out of you, even though they're just trying to help...

Her454
    while you're on another person's boat, and they're about to do something badly wrong, and you see it coming? I was on a 38' cruiser this w/e out of LB and my friend got all sideways trying to get into the slip....:jawdrop: I wanted to say something, but just sat there quiet (ready to try and help bounce off the dock/other boats), cause I know when I'm doing something like that, I don't want to be distracted. Unfortunately, once sideways, the guy thought he was in reverse, but was still in forward, and hit the sticks for a quick burst. Wrong move. Hit dock, and possibliy other boat. Bad crunching noises. He eventually got it square, but was hugely embarrassed. I tried to play it off as it happens to all of us....plus, the wind, etc.. felt bad for him, but didn't think I could have done anything to prevent it.
    Focking Men drivers.

AirtimeLavey
    Focking Men drivers.
    Lmao...only when there's women in the boat talking to us....:devil:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast