Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New TX-19 MOLD

EXTREMEBOATS
    :idea: I would think the parts would spend at least 30 days in the mold. I lay up my hulls in steps, each day another lay up. By the time 30 days have passed its safe to remove the halves. Our hulls are joined in the mold , so the hull has more suport when pulled. In the old days the boats were still hot when pulled. Cole would lay up two or three flats in seven days. Not good in the long run. With a light hull like a squirt boat the longer its in the mold the truer the bottom was when pulled. Just my O2.
    Mike
    Oh yea .... Your molds look awsome.... Good luck...

OverKill
    :idea: I would think the parts would spend at least 30 days in the mold. I lay up my hulls in steps, each day another lay up. By the time 30 days have passed its safe to remove the halves. Our hulls are joined in the mold , so the hull has more suport when pulled. In the old days the boats were still hot when pulled. Cole would lay up two or three flats in seven days. Not good in the long run. With a light hull like a squirt boat the longer its in the mold the truer the bottom was when pulled. Just my O2.
    Mike
    What type of HULLS do you make??

Gearhead
    First, I think the layup is the original design of Jim Youngblood's from back in 1975. Ervin took an old TX-19 and spent a good bit of time straightening the sides and bottom and well...the complete boat for a solid plug to construct the molds from. Some of the plug pictures can be seen in the READERS WRITE section of the website under Ervin Capps.
    For the announcement of the new molds for RPM Marine...
    Ervin sent this:
    "Congrat's to Jeff & Derrick
    After many months of labor a dandy pair of twins was born in Eureka Springs, AR @ 11:02 Friday May 04, 2007. After an unusually long gestation period the the twins, an 825# deck & a 1200# hull mold of TX 19 gender was delivered by natural birth. Both babies are doing very well & quite pretty I might add. [life ain't easy being green] The only complication was the umbilical cord seams to be wrapped around Jeff & Derrick's wallet & squeezing crap out of them. Welcome to race boat 101.
    Big Bird
    Cheyenne Custom Boats
    "It's All A Bout The Bottom"
    P.S. I hope I didn't screw up & tell you guys it was going to be easy. I know you guy's have what it takes to step up to the plate & carry on the tradition. I love you guys & thanks for your patience."
    http://www.youngbloodjetboats.com/pics/molds.jpg
    http://www.youngbloodjetboats.com/pics/molds2.jpg
    http://www.youngbloodjetboats.com/pics/molds3.jpg[/QUOTE]

Mike
    I have seen pics of the hulls you lay up and they are beautiful. As far as the typical manufacturer keeping a boat in the mold for at least 30 days... well the customer has a better chance of shitting a golden brick.

mirrorimage
    oooowww ooowwww i want one iwant one ....... congrats guys green makes the girls go wild !!!!!lol

Looks like a typical gullwing to me.
    Was'nt too sure about every gullwing thats why i asked about the can-am vs. tx-19, do the cp's run clear to the transom?
    All i have to go on chris is the rogers and i extended my strakes 6" and it took a pretty high set, much more than when it was stock,...Just curious, hows the boat coming? hopefully smoother than mine!
    Todd

HBjet
    do the cp's run clear to the transom?
    they sure do....
    HBjet

maxwedge
    Cool. I dig the green gel.

SoCal Power
    Molds look great! Good luck to all involved with the project.
    db

Gearhead
    I have a couple more pictures and the same write up now posted on the website under Readers Write.
    Derrick.... you around?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast