Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bilge Pump in a Tunnel Hull???????????

DelawareDave
    Where or what kind of bildge pumps do you guys with tunnel boats use? I have no really good place for one in mine. Right now it is at the front of the suction housing, on one side. I noticed when I went to pull the boat out yesterday, there was not enough water for the pump to pump anything, but on the trailer, I must have drained 4 gallons or more when I pulled the plug. There has to be a minimum of 2" at the pump before it will pump water. The pump won't fit anywhere near the bottom, cause it is just too narrow, even for the smallest pump available. Maybe a remote type pump with a hose to the back?
    Right now, the water is basically over the bolts for the suction housing to intake, before the pump is effective.
    I need ideas! :idea: :idea: :idea:

I think Water Puppy's are the way to go is this situation. You can mount them anywhere, and run a pickup hose to where you need it, as they are self priming.

HammerDown
    I think Water Puppy's are the way to go is this situation. You can mount them anywhere, and run a pickup hose to where you need it, as they are self priming.
    I like that idea as, the two outside Pumps in my 21 Daytona do a great job because their way back in each corner. However the only place for my center Pump is right infront of the Pumps Intake...can never pump that last inch or so of water out on either side of the Intake.
    ...need more info on this "Water Puppy".

I like that idea as, the two outside Pumps in my 21 Daytona do a great job because their way back in each corner. However the only place for my center Pump is right infront of the Pumps Intake...can never pump that last inch or so of water out on either side of the Intake.
    ...need more info on this "Water Puppy".
    Water puppy info.....
    http://www.jabsco.com/products/marin..._225/index.htm

DelawareDave
    I was poking around and found this one. I may go look and see if they have them in the store. 1 1/2" dia will fit down next to the suction, and I can put a hose into the transom housing to pick up the water. Hook the output to the thru-hull fitting that is there now.
    Inline pump (http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...llpartial/45/0)

LGCDEVIL
    Good product, but they are heavy. Lighter than 4 gallons of water, though.

HammerDown
    Water puppy info.....
    http://www.jabsco.com/products/marin..._225/index.htm
    Will suck from 4'...

Will suck from 4'...
    He said suck

jetovatorjeff
    4 gallons of water seems alot. i had the same problem for a couple trips. when i investigated the bolts around the housing they were loose. it was fine sitting but when i was getting on it there was water coming in like crazy. i tightened everything up and it took care of it. now i have minumal water now when i pull the plug. i installed a computerized 500 gph Rule bildge. i run three of them ( 1 per each sponson)and the computer goes of every minute and drains till the water is gone. with this you can leave the bildge on all day without it running all the time.

BOOGEYMAN
    I just run two by my suction housing, one on each side and tee them togeather for a single outlet out the back of the boat. I also run a flot to turn them on and off so I just leave the switch on all day and never worry about it.
    Travis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast