Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes bad gas, bad gas?

JET-O-VATOR
    No, not the intestinal kind. If I have not run my boat for a year and a half, people tell me the gas in the tank goes bad. I have a water/fuel separator but I have been told that once it is bad, it is bad. You mean I can't add a couple of gallons of race fuel to bring the half full tanks back to life? What can you do with 30 gallons of "bad" gas?
    My boat sat for less than a year.. the last time i took her out i was having major carb issues i.e back firing through the carb. acctually caught fire floating down river and scroched (sp) my face pretty good. anyways i put her on the anchor and she floated all weekend. well i took her home and parked her untill a few weeks ago. i bought a new carb.. and she was still doing the same thing so i drained the tanks and shes fine now.. well i think i acctually got bad gas out of the pump in mohave valley last year and that was my whole problem... now i have 22 gallons of unusable fuel in cans that i dont know what to do with.. i tried it in the mower and no run.. but this would acctually be the second time getting bad gas up there for me.. diferent stations.. the first time i filled the boat and the truck luckily the ford had two tanks and i only filled one and was able to limp home on one tank..

You can contact your county to find out where their haz mat collection facility is, they will dispose it for you ... of course there will be a fee just like at the regular dump / landfill ...
    every county has one for old paints/oils/fuels/etc.
    BB

probablecause
    You can contact your county to find out where their haz mat collection facility is, they will dispose it for you ... of course there will be a fee just like at the regular dump / landfill ...
    BB
    I don't need Ron trying to tune up the boat with $hit gas

probablecause
    BB

probablecause
    BB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12