Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Interior

Riverkid
    Didn't know about L&S closing... That's too bad - they did great work. I wonder if they have started back up elsewhere?
    Designer was recently sold but I hear the same staff are still there. They do nice work. Now is the time to get your estimates!!!
    I see you have a Comm Conquest. We built a ton of seats for them/Ed Ferro when I worked there. I probably delivered your interior to Commander in Perris.

Coach
    close not closed. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea? :messedup: When was Designer Marine Sold? I worked with Russ both times I took things into them

Simplify
    Designer wasn't sold. I just picked up my 21 Eliminator from them a few weeks ago. Same owner, I think his name is Kurt. He sold the stainless railing fabrication part of the business. He is rarely there, everyone always deals with the Manager, Ross, great guy and easy to work with.This was the 3rd boat I have had them do. IMO their work is the best in the industry. I think the standard price for a full interior is $3500 to $4000. I am sure there are other places that can do it for cheaper, but this is definitely a case where you get what you pay for. The # is 951-371-7000.

Riverkid
    It's been sold. Kurt no longer owns it. Ross and the rest of the staff are still there, with the same company name. Kurt's in the towing biz now...
    Designer Marine Interiors
    158 Business Ctr Dr
    Corona, CA 92880-1724
    (951) 371-7000

Riverkid i dont know if you want to take it to havasu
    but if you do Rons custom upholstry does great
    work. he did my vector when i had it all new wood
    the works it was like 3000. looked great. give him
    a call.

Coach
    Riverkid i dont know if you want to take it to havasu
    but if you do Rons custom upholstry does great
    work. he did my vector when i had it all new wood
    the works it was like 3000. looked great. give him
    a call.
    Hallett-
    do you have some pics of the work? I leave my boat in Needles and much rather have work done out there so I don't have to tow the boat home.

Riverkid
    Thanks Bob.
    My Schiada is Kurt's old personal boat. They were rigging and finishing the interior in it when I hired on out of high school. He just left my house today after coming over to see my twin girls. He sold DMI as I had mentioned, a while back...
    The interior in my boat is still perfect, albeit 18 years since we built the seats... I mean perfect. You're right, they are that good. We pulled the cover off it in the garage today and had a nice trip down memory lane. Talk about a time warp... I love my 40' garage!!!
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Hallett-
    do you have some pics of the work? I leave my boat in Needles and much rather have work done out there so I don't have to tow the boat home.
    Yes i do have some pics will try to post them in the morning
    for you.

i have a 18ft jet. i had them build new front buckets and a rear bench. side panels with cup holders and an engine hatch, mine cost me $2400 at ultra boats in san diego.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...K_CAR2_001.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CK_CAR_002.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CK_CAR_004.jpg
    looks great very clean

http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...1402006_4A.JPG A couple of pics of the vector that i had done.
    the seats came out very nice the hatch was a little taller then i
    wanted but needed to be that way becouse of the headers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast