Thread: Time to Rework the System

Chico&Zeus
    I am happy with the speakers in my boat but not with the amps or the wiring. I have a total of 14 eclipse 6 1/2" speakers, four in the cabin and 10 in the cockpit. Along with that I have two JL 12" DVC subs under the rear bench seat. Running all of this with two Phoenix Gold amps....one is a four channel and one is a five channel. I believe that the five channel is running the 10 speakers in the cockpit along with the two 12" subs. The other four channel amp is running the four speakers in the cabin. I have no idea how the speakers are wired, I do know that my amp dies after about three songs at a loud volume. To much load I assume. Anyway, I am looking to re-wire the speakers, and change the amps, The cabin is not a big deal, might even run those off of the head unit, I was just looking for the cleanest most efficient way to power the ten speakers in the cockpit, and this time I will run a seperate Mono amp for the two subs. I know the simple answer is two four channels and a two channel to power 10 speakers, I just want to know if there is a better way to do it.

FORCEINU
    have Jp take a look and tell you what would be your best set-up
    very smart and honest guy I think his the most experienced guy there !
    He did my set up and rewired some problems that I had especially with my batteries and also he installed my battery charger xantrex the best charger you could get.
    Call JP at 928-680-0203

Cheap Thrills
    I believe that the five channel is running the 10 speakers in the cockpit along with the two 12" subs.
    If they're all wired parallel your amp is probably screaming
    " Damnit Jim, I'M AN AMPLIFIER NOT AN ARC WELDER"
    All your questions to wiring speakers is answered in the links found in this thread.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149104
    Good Luck.
    C.T. :wink:

Make it a Double
    I am happy with the speakers in my boat but not with the amps or the wiring. I have a total of 14 eclipse 6 1/2" speakers, four in the cabin and 10 in the cockpit. Along with that I have two JL 12" DVC subs under the rear bench seat. Running all of this with two Phoenix Gold amps....one is a four channel and one is a five channel. I believe that the five channel is running the 10 speakers in the cockpit along with the two 12" subs. The other four channel amp is running the four speakers in the cabin. I have no idea how the speakers are wired, I do know that my amp dies after about three songs at a loud volume. To much load I assume. Anyway, I am looking to re-wire the speakers, and change the amps, The cabin is not a big deal, might even run those off of the head unit, I was just looking for the cleanest most efficient way to power the ten speakers in the cockpit, and this time I will run a seperate Mono amp for the two subs. I know the simple answer is two four channels and a two channel to power 10 speakers, I just want to know if there is a better way to do it.
    Talk to Paul, "Bad Kachina" on the boards. He can fix you up.

Jordy
    Talk to Paul, "Bad Kachina" on the boards. He can fix you up.
    You trying to steal my commissions or what???

slovolvo
    Did a great job on my little stereo in my Nordic, I would highly recommend him.

LuckyStrike
    PAULIE....Sorry I didnt Make It Back To You On Thurs @ MEXICO....Lets Just Plan Something For End Of June or Middle To End Of JULY...We Can Rent Some CONDOS A Las Polomis??? And Ill Get A slip @ SAFE-HARBOR Marine
    Do A Caravan With All Of Us Regulars

LuckyStrike
    PAULIE....Sorry I didnt Make It Back To You On Thurs @ MEXICO....Lets Just Plan Something For End Of June or Middle To End Of JULY...We Can Rent Some CONDOS A Las Polomis??? And Ill Get A slip @ SAFE-HARBOR Marine
    Do A Caravan With All Of Us Regulars

AZJD
    Bad Kachina did mine too! And it is BAD..... In a good way!

Partycattin
    I'd recommend 2 JL 300/4's and 1 JL 500/1 for the woofers. Run the cabin speakers off your existing amp. Just my 2 cents