Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's your optima doing?

bAd aXe
    I'm thinking of putting a blue top for my starting battery. I hear once they drop power its tuff to recharge them back to normal. How have they held up for you hot boaters?

Buster
    I'm thinking of putting a blue top for my starting battery. I hear once they drop power its tuff to recharge them back to normal. How have they held up for you hot boaters?
    I am going on my 4th year with the four in my boat and they are still going strong.

dumbandyoung
    Thats bs.
    I have one and ran it down to 20% once. Put it on a speed charger and it was at 100% in an hour.
    I run 4 speakers and sub for hours and I still have plenty to turn my big motor in 100+ weather.

bAd aXe
    I basically need it for a start up batt. My radio runs on another set of batteries.

AZJD
    If your on a batt switch you should never run it down......Battery should last you 2 years in the heat with out a doubt.

brad22
    This might be irrelavant to what you are talking about, but we had a couple blue tops that were in a ski race boat the ended up blowing the drive and sinking. Boat and batteries were under water for over 5 hours and they still worked perfect til this day!! Just thought I would share that with ya

AZJD
    AGM batteries are sealed, there's no reason why they wouldn't work perfectly after submerged.
    Unless it was the ocean and a shark bit into it!

Havasu Hangin'
    AGM batteries are sealed, there's no reason why they wouldn't work perfectly after submerged.
    Actually, I believe they have vents so that if you overcharge them, they won't explode.

Outnumbered
    I just ran 3 2-year old blue tops for 3 days with no alternator On the third day I realized that they were not charging. Checked the alt and the hot wire was loose/not connected. Running 1000W of JL power. I've had good luck with them.

Havasu Hangin'
    Blue tops are completely sealed. They are 100% spill and leak proof and can be mounted in any direction. Not sure about the yellows and reds. Not a big Optima fan.
    They have vents- it's a safety feature.
    Do Optimas ever gas? (http://www.optimabatteries.com/publi...l#000100010002)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast