Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How's your optima doing?

BADAXE
    I'm thinking of putting a blue top for my starting battery. I hear once they drop power its tuff to recharge them back to normal. How have they held up for you hot boaters?
    Dude get a new name!

dumbandyoung
    Dude get a new name!
    awww how cute Do you guys like to have picnics in the park and cuddle. hahaha jk!

INI
    Odyssey batteries only way to go...No affect in heat,cold,water. whatever you can throw at it. And the Warranty is pretty good.
    Can be mounted upside down and inside out.
    Aeronautical at its best
    Guaranteed longer service life - With an eight to twelve year design life (float) and a three to ten year service life, ODYSSEY saves you time and money because you do not have to replace the battery as often. ODYSSEY is warranted against factory defects for two full years in powersports, three full years in automotive, commerciall and heavy duty marine applications and, in the case of PC1500/34, PC1500/34M, PC1500/34-78, PC1700/65, PC2150/31 and PC2250 batteries, four years in all applications.
    Longer storage life - Unlike conventional batteries that require a recharge every six to twelve weeks, the ODYSSEY battery can be stored for up to two years at 25°C (77°F) from a fully charged state. These batteries can be stored for two years or when the open circuit voltage (OCV) drops to 12.00V, whichever comes first.
    Deep discharge recovery - The ease with which the ODYSSEY battery recovers from this type of application abuse is unheard of. Should ODYSSEY become deeply discharged, simply recharge following instructions in the ODYSSEY Owners Manual.
    Superior cranking and fast recharge capability - The 5 second cranking power of ODYSSEY batteries is double to triple that of equally sized conventional batteries, even when the temperatures as low as
    Mounting flexibility - The ODYSSEY battery may be installed in any orientation (excet inverted) without sacrificing any performance attributes. There is no fear of any acid spillage as ODYSSEY recycles the internal gas during operation or charging. The sealed design of the ODYSSEY battery eliminates the need for an acid vent tube; eliminating the fear of acid burns or damage to expensice chrome or paint.
    Superior vibration resistance - ODYSSEY batteries are of military grade technology and have endured very rigorous tests that demonstrate their overall ruggedness and exceptional tolerance of mechanical abuse.
    Worry-free shipping - The sealed Drycell design of the ODYSSEY battery eliminates the need for acid vent tubes so there is no more fear of acid burns or damage to expensive chrome or paint. Owing to the starved-electrolyte design, the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) has classified the ODYSSEY® battery as a dry battery, so it may be shipped worry-free by UPS/Federal Express or by air.
    Ready out of the box - ODYSSEY batteries are shipped fully charged. If ODYSSEY voltage is 12.65V or greater simply install the battery in your vehicle and you are ready to go! If below 12.65V, boost charge following the instructions in the ODYSSEY Owner's Manual and/or Technical Manual.
    http://www.odysseybatteries.com/

phebus
    I've had great luck with Optima's, but I on the suggestion of Car Toyz with the new stereo system, I went with an Odyssey 2150 battery. It sure goes a long time and I really like it. Time will see how it holds up, but if it does, I will run Odysseys for a long time.

thmper321
    They have vents- it's a safety feature.
    Do Optimas ever gas? (http://www.optimabatteries.com/publi...l#000100010002)
    Yes they have vents. They are sealed though until too much pressure builds in the battery then they release the pressure. I know this because I had it happen to me while trying to recharge a blue top. Just had another blue top die in my vehicle and tried to recharge it. It would recharge but not hold the charge for more than 2 days. I switched to an Scosche/Oddysey. More CCA and reserve minutes and its a dry cell.

Tom Brown
    I hear once they drop power its tuff to recharge them back to normal.
    That probably came from someone who thinks the sun rises and sets because of another brand they happen to own. Optimas are fantastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12