Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EMI Thunder Headers

Wizard29
    Looking at the EMI Thunder header package for my 496HO. They seem to be the most reasonably priced ($2100) out of what I see out there.
    Any opinions good or bad on the headers themselves?

Hotcobra270
    do a search for recent header post.
    for a bit more cash you can get the DANAS and have a much easier time with the install and not have to worry about relocating anything..
    good luck

brad22
    NO info on them. But I know they are not headers. They are a manifold system. From what I have seen you get what you paid for. Danas or Stainless marine would be a good alternative. As far as I know all the 496 systems come with relocation brackets because you have to relocate certain items.

vee-driven
    i just sold a set of emi's for $650 and bought some cmi's, emi's are good but i am making waaaay to much power for those.

BadKachina
    do a search for recent header post.
    for a bit more cash you can get the DANAS and have a much easier time with the install and not have to worry about relocating anything..
    good luck
    I keep hearing about that.(not relocating anything) I just installed two sets, had to move the ecu, the oil filter adapter (actually use a new one), the shifter bracket, the powersteering res., and the oil lines. :idea: It was about a 5 hour job each on twins. I could probably do a single in three hours or so. Doing the center mainfolds on a twin application is not fun.
    I'll tell you what though, Dana's instructions and kits are very thorough. Nothing is left to question or missing or in need of fabrication in any way.
    before.........
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...3&d=1181004117
    after..........
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...4&d=1181004167

Jordy
    I just installed two sets...
    Yes you did. Now about my commission check... :idea: :jawdrop: :notam:

BadKachina
    Yes you did. Now about my commission check... :idea: :jawdrop: :notam:
    No bs, I do owe you. I'll take care of you, thanks........

Jordy
    No bs, I do owe you. I'll take care of you, thanks........
    No worries. Just bustin' ya balls a little bit...

Dana Marine Products
    I keep hearing about that.(not relocating anything) I just installed two sets, had to move the ecu, the oil filter adapter (actually use a new one), the shifter bracket, the powersteering res., and the oil lines.
    Glad to hear the install went smoothly, the main thing is that everything stays in the factory location. DMP supplies the new brackets to keep everything in place and no fabrication is required. Another nice thing is that you can use the factory oil lines. Alot of other systems require new oil lines.
    I wouldn't mind getting some additional high res images if you have them. Printing a new catalog pretty soon, I'd like to have a twin engine exhaust install in there. Let me know. Thanks again, Bob @ Dana Marine

BadKachina
    Glad to hear the install went smoothly, the main thing is that everything stays in the factory location. DMP supplies the new brackets to keep everything in place and no fabrication is required. Another nice thing is that you can use the factory oil lines. Alot of other systems require new oil lines.
    I wouldn't mind getting some additional high res images if you have them. Printing a new catalog pretty soon, I'd like to have a twin engine exhaust install in there. Let me know. Thanks again, Bob @ Dana Marine
    Sure, pm me an e-mail address and I'll shoot you over what I took. I'm getting the boat back to do a couple of other things and re-torque the manifolds and I'll shoot a whole bunch for you.
    BTW like I said earlier, your instructions and kit are very thorough. Nice job.
    Yes you are correct, nothing needs to be fabbed or moved, you just use new brackets and a nice billet oil adapter and powersteering res bracket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast