Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So many cop bashing threads........

Flyinbowtie
    To all the Public Safety folks out there working this hoilday weekend, and to all the active military retired and reserve military and fellow military families out there, thanks for what you have done and are doing, and enjoy the season as best you can.
    TC:
    Where to begin. I don't post much here anymore, but for you I'll make an exception. I did 25 years in law enforcement, my son is flying home on leave from the U.S. ARMY tonight, and I'm in a good mood. I could only do 25 years in the profession instead of the 32 I wanted to serve because of two crushed disks in my lower spine, a result of the career in general and what became a career ending injury.
    Anyway, I was one of those people you have voiced an opinion about.
    And, in my humble opinion, you're wrong.
    You have my word that I don't want your wallet.
    Lots of the wallets I reached into in those years had needles stashed in them.
    I also don't want your car, boat, house or your girlfriend. I am sure they are all very nice, and you have a right to be proud of them. You mention them like trophies or other signs of self-worth or fulfillment, so I am sure you are proud. Most of the time you see cops on cell phones in my jurisdiction they are talking to folks on the phone trying to help them solve a problem, getting directions to a house or relaying other information so sensitive that it wouldn't be decent to put it on the air where scanner freaks could hear it. As an example, we put all our death notification detail info out on the phone to deputies.
    I don't see any of my fellow cop types begging for hero status. If that is bestowed upon members of this professsion for acts they perform, it is usually done without our input, and frequently done so posthumusly.You're right, we get paid to do the job we picked, but we sure as hell didn't pick the job for the pay. Some people in this world simply find different reasons for choosing a career path than the monetary rewards it may offer. People who get into law enforcement for the money or whatever benefits they may be offering at the recruiting seminars usually don't stay to make a career out of it.
    It just ain't that lucrative.
    Your statements are some real sweeping generalizations that are as inaccurate as any I have heard, and demonstrate rather dramatically just how uninformed about this profession you are.
    That, however, does not make you a member of an elite group. There are lots of people out there blissfully ignorant of the world we work in. We don't really mind that too much, because life on our world is much stranger and more bizzare than any TV show could even dream of making it. We don't talk about it much outside the cop shop, because even we can't put some of the things we must see and do into words. Or desrcibe some of the alleged human beings we deal with.
    Feel free to continue to believe whatever you choose to believe about this profession, and we will continue to to the best we can as we go about our duties, which we take an oath to perform, every day.
    Enjoy the holidays. Your wallet is safe around me...

Tittie Chaser
    You obviously haven't seen my girlfriend.

Flyinbowtie
    Married to my H.S. sweetheart for 26 years.
    I'm sure your lady is beautiful, but it really doesn't matter to me...
    Even I am smart enough to know that I don't want to screw this up...

Tittie Chaser
    Kilrtoy sent me a pic of his ol lady's giant flesh puppies, and I have since changed my opinion of police officers.

rrrr
    Great story, thanks. There are two families here, one in Dallas, one in Fort Worth. They have children, wonderful wives and mothers, a home, and a Christmas tree.
    But they don't have a husband or father.
    Officer Brian Jackson (http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17960)
    http://www.odmp.org/photo.php?id=17960
    Dallas Patrol Officer Brian Jackson was killed in the line of duty on November 13th while responding to a domestic disturbance call. He was shot in the armpit, under his vest, and died at a nearby hospital. His killer was an Mexican illegal alien and has been charged with capital murder.
    Officer Henry "Hank" Nava (http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=18064)
    http://www.odmp.org/photo.php?id=18064
    On November 29th, Fort Worth Patrol Officer Hank Nava was ambushed and shot in the head while looking for a suspect. He and his partner had entered a mobile home after a female occupant had given him permission to search the home. She alerted her boyfriend that the police were there, and the suspect leaped into the hallway firing his handgun. Officer Nava was struck in the forehead by a bullet. He clung to life for two days. His killer, a paroled methaphetamine addict and dealer, was arrested and charged with capital murder.
    I don't understand how anyone could put down someone that selflessly gives their life to protect people they don't even know. These two proud men served me and you for the most noble of reasons.
    Every cop has my respect. If I get pulled over and get a ticket, I deserved it. Only pussies whine about traffic tickets. The guy writing you up could get hit by a car and killed while standing next to your car. It's happened before.
    Give the men and women in uniform respect. They have earned it, and they do something you wouldn't have the guts to do.

maxwedge
    How many people just randomly shoot at cabinet makers, You ever seen a gang decide to kill a cabinet maker to prove a point?
    Hey I used to work in a cabinet shop, and I can tell you it's damn dangerous. We would get bored and have nail an staple gun wars almost daily. Launch boards off the table saws at each other across the room, have belt sander races on the floor, hot glue peoples tools together. It's no picnic. OSHA would have been so proud of us too.

NautiII
    What a great story!! I have been in L.E. for 18 years now. I wouldnt give it up for nothing! Thanks for all the support you all give us and the military!!!
    God Bless, and have a Merry Christmas!!

Very nice and timely post!
    Gldd to see you knocked the dust off your keyboard and finally started posting!!!!!!!!

termiteguy
    Pfft. That's what they'd like you to think. You're better off thanking the guy that caught the crab leg you're about to chow down on. One P.O.S. internet story, and you forget about the dickhead cops that write you tickets for going 40 in a 35.
    http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/13/pf/dangerousjobs/
    if you stop and think about what you are saying is that cops are aholes for doing there jobs well im glad im not a cop i would not want to be called an ahole for doing my job well every time i went to work.
    dont speed and you wont get a ticket. :argue:

Old Texan
    Kilrtoy sent me a pic of his ol lady's giant flesh puppies, and I have since changed my opinion of police officers.
    Ya know TC, the more I read your posts, the more I pick up on your immaturity and lack of respect. I guess I'm just getting old.
    The LE guys can take care of themselves and their character allows for guys like you. But one thing I get a kick out of is you posting the site with the dangerous jobs. I don't know what if anything you do for a living, but with that attitude of yours I seriously doubt you'd even be able to get a job on a Crab boat. Or any that require trust and team work.
    Guys depend on each other to cover their backs and trust their lives to their crewmates abilities.
    When you're sneaking back to your bunk to scale your minnow to visions of old hottie back home, someone on deck who was depending on you to be at your post could die.
    Have fun and stay bullet proof.
    The wonders of youth.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast