Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't come to Anna empty handed

LynnsJet
    Bring you old cell phones, blackberries, chargers and accessories as a donation to the "Cell Phones for Soldiers" program. With the help of corporate sponsors, the donated phones are turned into telephone calling cards for the soldiers in Iraq.
    Last year I placed some donation boxes around to collect the phones and there were a few exceptional people that gave me boxes of phones that netted a total of about 85 phones that were collected for this very worthwhile cause. I even got one bagphone, do you remember them?
    Almost everyone has a cell phone or two laying around. Bring them along an give them to me. If you can't find me I am sure, Wetdream, Supersoaker, FatRat, Delaware Dave, Nitro would be glad to collect them for me.
    It's a very worthy cause and one that requires very little effort for you to participate. If you want to donate cell phones and can't make it to Anna simply go to the website cellphonesforsoldiers.com They will tell you how to ship the phones and they will even pay for the shipping.
    I want to again Thank everyone that helped last year and I hope that this year will be even more successful.
    If you intend to bring phones, leave me a note here so I can be sure to find you.
    Don't worry about the numbers stored in the phones since the phones are erased during the processing.

DelawareDave
    I even got one bagphone, do you remember them?
    I don't remember them being called that, but I do remember them. Early 80's. That's not so long ago, was it?

LynnsJet
    DD, you are old enough that you should remember "Bag Phones" but you are so old that you can't remember. LOL

DelawareDave
    DD, you are old enough that you should remember "Bag Phones" but you are so old that you can't remember. LOL
    Yes I do! The handset had the numbers on it, and the bag was to carry the rest of the phone, and the damn car battery to power it! The pot is callin the kettle black, again, I see!
    :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

LynnsJet
    Getting old and forgetful is a bitch. I even forgot to mention Mike T when I listed the people that would good to give a phone to if you can't find me at Lake Anna. Basically any of the guys from the "Pax" see each other on a regular basis during the season would help pass phones around.
    It is a good cause. Help if you can.

shirkey4750
    That bag phone was my wifes first cell phone, that had been in the closet for a number of years, so we put it in with a few more we had. Will have more this year.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Getting old and forgetful is a bitch. I even forgot to mention Mike T when I listed the people that would good to give a phone to if you can't find me at Lake Anna. Basically any of the guys from the "Pax" see each other on a regular basis during the season would help pass phones around.
    It is a good cause. Help if you can.
    What ever happen to that Tax ID number that you were going to get me last year? If you can get me that, I can get some cell phones to ya.
    Let me know.

LynnsJet
    The Cell Phones for Soldiers program has Tax ID#02-1343425
    As I said above, I can provide receipts for anyone that wants one. Just PM me your email address.
    Your donations go to a very worthy cause and the best part of it is that it doesn't cost you anything.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    The Cell Phones for Soldiers program has Tax ID#02-1343425
    As I said above, I can provide receipts for anyone that wants one. Just PM me your email address.
    Your donations go to a very worthy cause and the best part of it is that it doesn't cost you anything.
    Thank you!!!

LynnsJet
    to gather up those old cell phones and accessories and get them ready to take to Lake Anna in June.
    Only 73 days until Anna.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast