Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HONDO T-DECK RUNNER BOTTOM

GofastRacer
    WILDERTHANU54:
    V-Drive Tom:
    GOFastRacer, I was counting on you, or Dave to mention that if you put a full size fin on it and a rudder thats not cut down,(12") It will turn as good as a man needs. eek! TOM..YOU MIGHT NEED A FULLSIZE FIN AS WELL? ? ? MY COLE HAS LIKE A NOTHING SIZE FIN ON IT, 10" RUDDER. THE THING DOES NOT TURN FOR SHIT!!
    GEOFFThat's because your boat is made to go straight, FAST!!!......

WILDERTHANU54
    TRUE, THATS WHAT I HAVE IT FOR!!! GOFAST, I REALLY WANT A RIDE IN THAT 20' WHEN YOU GET. I LOVE THOSE THINGS!! I WANT YOU TO TRY AND FREAK OUT THIS KID WITH SOME HIGH FLYIN' PASSES.
    GEOFF
    [ September 30, 2002, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]

smalls
    WILDERTHANU54:
    TRUE, THATS WHAT I HAVE IT FOR!!! GOFAST, I REALLY WANT A RIDE IN THAT 20' WHEN YOU GET. I LOVE THOSE THINGS!! I WANT YOU TO TRY AND FREAK OUT THIS KID WITH SOME HIGH FLYIN' PASSES.
    GEOFF

RH
    Maybe the jet guys can help me out on this one ?

RH, Runner bottom is a flatbottom "style" hull with a raised center pad and runners that run up the outside edges of the bottom, making the boat lift and actually ride on air to some extent, much the same concept as an air entrapment hull. Designs and runner heights have varied much from different manufacturers which have all applied their own tweaks to the design over the years. Restrictions as to runner height has generally been specified by the racing organizations. Generally, runner bottoms don't turn well but are much faster than flatbottoms because of the air (less wetted surface drag). There are exceptions to this though as there have been runner bottom circle boats as well, specifically designed to turn well (I had a Sanger that had this bottom which was a K boat)...turned on a dime, but not quite as fast as the drag type bottom with the same power. T deck is simply a cut out deck for the driver as I understand the terminology.

I guess they didn't notice you with your small avatar

lakesmodified
    V-Drive Tom:
    SISSY.....Now get on over to the I/O boards,......GO ON..!!!! TOM..Damn, now I'm a SISSY!!! Go under readers rides and type in "Hemi" There you can see pics of my last flattie with a bored and stroked Enderle injected 392 Hemi. Well over a 100 MPH ride! I just want a ride that will also turn! There's nothing to going 100 MPH... Now try going 80 MPH and making a hard turn. That's what I'm talking about. Ivan

lakesmodified:
    V-Drive Tom:
    SISSY.....Now get on over to the I/O boards,......GO ON..!!!! TOM..Damn, now I'm a SISSY!!! Go under readers rides and type in "Hemi" There you can see pics of my last flattie with a bored and stroked Enderle injected 392 Hemi. Well over a 100 MPH ride! I just want a ride that will also turn! There's nothing to going 100 MPH... Now try going 80 MPH and making a hard turn. That's what I'm talking about. IvanGet a circle boat if you want to turn. Check out mine or GoFastRacer's! Fast and can out-turn anything except a Champ Outboard racer.
    ssmike

GofastRacer
    If you're looking to do some hard turns and be able to run in choppy water, then get a Biesmeyer type boat, as Mike says, they are fast and will out turn just about anything and also, they are a safe boat!!!...

GofastRacer
    WILDERTHANU54:
    GEOFFWilder, if I get that bad boy, your name is on that seat for sure!!..Only thing, they aren't as scary as you would think, I found that out the first time I rode in one, the're just a blast!!......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast