Thread: Fuel Residue / Header weep holes

Sanitariumflat
    I've got small weep holes at the low points in my Rewarder headers. When @ an idle they blow a small amount of water/exhaust in the boat. No biggie, but it puts this oily fuel residue EVERYWHERE. Is this normal? I've run different fuels ( VP, Sunoco, and Ramos Oil 110/92 oops mix) and they all seem to do the same. Could I possibly tap these holes a run a small manifold of tubes out the back or something. I also get this stuff all over the back of the boat. Haven't dialed the carbs in 100% yet, but last run it was pretty lean so I kind of leaned away from the possibility of it just running way fat. Any thoughts?

FlatRat
    I've got small weep holes at the low points in my Rewarder headers. When @ an idle they blow a small amount of water/exhaust in the boat. No biggie, but it puts this oily fuel residue EVERYWHERE. Is this normal? I've run different fuels ( VP, Sunoco, and Ramos Oil 110/92 oops mix) and they all seem to do the same. Could I possibly tap these holes a run a small manifold of tubes out the back or something. I also get this stuff all over the back of the boat. Haven't dialed the carbs in 100% yet, but last run it was pretty lean so I kind of leaned away from the possibility of it just running way fat. Any thoughts?
    I'm no expert,but do you have the spring loaded valve set up correctly?You shouldn't have any water coming out @ idle.It should unload the ball @ around 1500-2000 rpm.Mine used to the same thing till I shimmed the spring.As far as the fuel goes,is it sooty black or raw fuel?