Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 19 daytona

vishus
    A Merc 2.5 will normally be running a 1.87 gear ratio. A 26P with 10% slip at 7500rpm (std 2.5 rev limit) and will run right at 90mph. If you have a true Offshore, your rev limiter will be more likely at 8250rpm and this will give you just shy of 100mph. The 26P is a great prop for all around use. A 24P would be a better Drag prop. A 28 or 30 would be a definite top end wheel and will guarantee the 100+ potential...
    The Daytona is a great hull for BOTH jet and outboard. Have fun and watch the trim when flying...

cougar27mtr
    Looks very nice... Can if possible I get some interior shots.. I am thinking about redoing mine.. I love the space they put behind the rear seats.

Towndrunk
    it's nice but doesn't appear to have an offshore leg on it. More pics of the back please.

HavasuDreamin'
    Wow.. that is a damn nice boat. Capped hull, updated interior, hydraulic steering, newer 2.5L engine, etc. I do not believe that engine is an offshore due to the non-offshore midsection. The midsections on the factory offshore engines had open exhaust above the lower unit. At any rate, a stock 2.5L EFI is just a well. That boat should run between 95 - 100 based upon 260+ HP (assuming set-up is correct).
    Look at the stringers, and especially the transom before you buy. You shouldn't see any rotted wood, or wood chips in the bilge. If you do, have it inspected further. There will probably be some surface stress cracks around the engine bracket, and on the deck (a) where the bulk head is and (b) up front where the pickles are. As long as they appear to be surface stress cracks, they are no big deal. Mine have been there for years where the hull flexes.
    A couple of things to consider. The tanks are aft in that boat which is where they should be. The round ear prop may work fine for the way that boat is setup, but generally, that hull has plenty of lift built into it. I had a 26" RE 3 just like that one and as soon as I relocated my tanks (from a more forward position to the rear), my hull started porpoising with the round ear prop. I changed to a cleaver and it went away. My set up is slightly different though. I have a 6" CMC hydraulic jack plate, therefore my engine is further back than that one. Due to the fact that hull bottom doesn't have any notches at the rear, the further back you go, the cleaner the water the prop gets.
    One last thing.....frequently put a wrench on the bolts that affix the engine bracket to the hull. Also, run an engine brace from the trailer to the lower unit when towing.
    Best of luck.

topfuel10
    thanks for the help any more would be help full if i get it I will let you guys know

RUSSO
    Just gunna have to call the sand bar at 6th street BLENDER BEACH!!!! love those boats...

Propster
    I loved my little 19 Daytona. Handled excellent and no porpoise. My best speed was 96.8 with a 2.5 245 hp carb moter, 8000 rpm with 26 Merc small ear chopper. Big speed with no drama.
    They sit low in the water, but they bob like a cork and do not take on much water. I had one bilge pump per sponson, just in case.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...5&d=1182881342
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...6&d=1182881408
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...7&d=1182881422

topfuel10
    Dam thats nice what did you sell it for?

Propster
    12K, but I wish I never sold it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123