Thread: another needle in hay stack found

I have been asking over and over for a V-drive mini day for sale for a while now. i have also made several calls on boats and looking but it just didnt feel right , either color wasnt what i wanted or something. About six months ago I posted I was looking for a particular mini day with a certain CF number on it. I never found it and gave up . I continued to look and found another boat. while doning some research on the boat my father tripped over the sanger I had been looking for for years . the CF number was the one.... heres why!!
    In 1982 my father bought a blank hull mini day from "sanger jack". not a hole in it. 2 years later in 84 it was on the water with one of the first turbo 400 trans we seen it a boat. 1986 my father sold the beauty for a 26 ft sanger tahoe sprint that was nothing but bad luck till it was sold. Many years later after I have bought and sold my sanger hydro. I always wondered how id like to have my dads old boat . it was fast, pretty, and it was a sanger. after we located the boat to be for sale a email was sent to the seller of my dads old boat to confirm it, and yep not only was it the same boat but it was the persons family that we sold it to in 1986. we found the guy died and left it to his daughter. last week we went to visit and look at it. when we got there it was like a time capsule. orig engine,trans, interiorand even the ol 1980's pinstriping on the trailer. I still had a boat to sell but again my dad came through we bought the ol beauty back . its amazing we found it and in the same shape as it was sold (besides some scratches). I want to thank all the people of HOT BOAT for giving me all advise and info to alot of beautiful boats. I have found my boat and its on her was to restoration .my dad and I hope to see you all at a regatta and show all the pics and my sanger always known as the "shy town hustler " ill post pics asap.. another odd thing is the hin number the last 2 digits are the year but on this hull the last 3 are 82a any may know why or is it because it was sold as a blank????

Daytona100
    That,s a cool story. Congrats on your find. I bet the old man will have a big smile on his face when you get to the lake again. Looking forward to some pics.

thanks .. I plan on placing him in the drivers seat first and smackin the hammer down just like 20 some years ago..

Daytona100
    My Dads pretty old and when I got the Daytona running I had to take him for a ride. So I took him to lake elsinore for the day. It was no easy task getting him in the boat alot of lifting. When we finally got him aboard people on the shore started clapping kinda pissed him off but I knew what they meant. I cruised him across the lake a few times with a few high speed runs and he dug it!!!!!!! He,s just a old farmboy from south dakota he,s never been on something like that. Well he,s been diagnosed with pretty bad colon cancer recently and I don,t know how much longer he,s gonna be around. But I,ll always remember that ride. Have fun with him while you can life is short. Mike.

Daytona100
    Well everyone give your parents a big hug and a kiss. YOU JUST DONT KNOW HOW LONG THERE GOING TO BE AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know life is way to short and my dad and I are the best of friends. I dont know how I would make it without him, I bless god every day for my parents and I pray for you .

jdf
    Well everyone give your parents a big hug and a kiss. YOU JUST DONT KNOW HOW LONG THERE GOING TO BE AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!
    i know what you mean...my dad came down last week and i took him for a ride in the flattie and let him drive my wife's blown jet what a time he had

Schiada Time
    Great story. My Dad and I are best buds and he still has the 22 Schiada I grew up in. I now have a '22 Schiada and am raising a family on the water just like my parents started doing 30 years ago.

ColeTR2
    Cool Story I'd like to see some pictures