Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexico Travel / Horror Stories

Her454
    First of all, Im very happy that Sleeks son has been found safe and sound (check other thread) and I've started this one to find out how many people have had bad experiences in Mexico and when?
    I had a bad experience in 79 and it cost my dad almost 7K and two three wheelers to get us off the beach and home safe ....all from riding the two 3 wheelers "too fast" through town. (This was a beach town in Mexico) I was 16 and it scared the holy shit out of me.
    Another incident was in 80' and two of my girlfriends were standing around watching a truck pull out another truck that was stuck in a bog and the rope snapped and took off one of the girls heads. The dad was driving one of the trucks and the two girls were sisters. We (our families) had to take the girl (Diane) and lay her in the truck with sleeping bags so it looked like she was fine until we could get her across the border to the USA. It was very scary and I'll never forget it. It tore that poor family up later. Everyone was worried that Mexico would hold the body if we contacted anyone so thats why it was handled that way.

topless
    Derricks mom has and dad own a vacation house in Mexico and were planning on staying there for 3 months earlier this year.They had just retired and were looking forward to some r & r. She got sick down there and had to be hospitalized......long story short, they only accept cash in Mexico or she would have died so 400,000.00 later, she is better and got to come home. Well needless to say, their retirement money isn't what they expected anymore. Those people screw us every chance they get

ratso
    I got married in Mexico once... talk about a horror story.:jawdrop:

Cigalert
    My buddy's aunt died of a heart attack on the first night we were visiting. They lived in Los Barrilles in the East Cape about 60 miles north of Cabo. The cops wanted to charge us a couple grand to remove the body. Luckily a family friend rolled over and knew the cops. But we had to cover up her body in the back of the truck for fear of running into the same problem when they delivered her to La Paz. Another friend of a friend was up in La Paz and was able to creamate her remains. We dumped her ashes just off shore from their house in San Clemente.
    It sucked, everyone was too scared to bring her body into the United States so she had to be creamated.
    I found 2 illegals (I found out they were illegal by my buddy who was the EMT) got smacked by a drunk driver on Los Alisos in Mission Viejo and I was the first one on the scene. I wonder what would happen here if I acted like they do down there? If I decided "naw, they're not american I'm not calling anyone" or maybe I could have said "dame dinero and I will make a phone call carnal". 1 guy was DOA by the time the medics rolled but the other guy had a lung collapse and lived and they both bled all the fock over me.

marty722
    and had a good time until we left the bar. The cops followed us around town and after about an hour they approched us and told us that we are drunk in public and that we needed to give them some money to get away. I gave them everything I had and my buddy had nothing so they took him to jail... About an hr later he was released and had nothing on but his underware.... We then did a five finger discount at a store and dashed out like lighting to the boarder and was able to cross with no problems while they were looking for us. Since that day in 1976 I have not been back and will not ever go back.... We have a group of RV's that go down there every year but I have never had the balls to go... They say as long as your in a group your ok. Its the people that are alone that they hassel....

Kaotic
    First of all, Im very happy that Sleeks son has been found safe and sound (check other thread) and I've started this one to find out how many people have had bad experiences in Mexico and when?
    I had a bad experience in 79 and it cost my dad almost 7K and two three wheelers to get us off the beach and home safe ....all from riding the two 3 wheelers "too fast" through town. (This was a beach town in Mexico) I was 16 and it scared the holy shit out of me.
    Another incident was in 80' and two of my girlfriends were standing around watching a truck pull out another truck that was stuck in a bog and the rope snapped and took off one of the girls heads. The dad was driving one of the trucks and the two girls were sisters. We (our families) had to take the girl (Diane) and lay her in the truck with sleeping bags so it looked like she was fine until we could get her across the border to the USA. It was very scary and I'll never forget it. It tore that poor family up later. Everyone was worried that Mexico would hold the body if we contacted anyone so thats why it was handled that way.
    I have not been to El Golfo since moving from Yuma. We had many good times down there. I remember the incident about the girl and the tow strap. If I remeber correctly, she also went to Kofa High.

Mandelon
    Been down there dozens of times, only got hassled once for $20 from a Motorcycle cop.....

INSman
    Just got back from a week in Puerto Vallarta, not a hint of a problem.

kap
    To Whom it May Concern:
    The first step in receiving assistance is to call the United States Embassy.
    Removal of bodies from Mexico is not difficult if you know what to do.
    Also remember if you are involved in an accident auto or otherwise it is best to handle it on your own.
    Think about it if you are involved in a fatality in the US you will be detained for hours if not days until the investigation homicide or otherwise is completed.
    I travel to many countries including Mexico and understand the risks and options prior to leaving the US.
    Just a little FYI.
    Ok now my wife and I were going to San Felipe via Mexicali highway. Half way through one of the small pueblos on the outskirts of town a person tried to pull us over with a flashing red cherry cop light.
    I proceeded to accelerate and the chase began after several miles and numerous curves they gave up. This only after I left them in the dust doing 90-100mph-- no way was I pulling over for unmarked car. I was very scared, terrified and thankful the chase ended . I later learned several tourist fell victim to this scam and were robbed at gunpoint and one female assualted.
    I did not know if I the person was a real cop but accepted the risk of flight. If they really wanted me they would send the cavalry ie... multiple units.
    Come to think of it I would probably do the same in the US if some bozo tried to pull me over without a marked car. Except I would also call appropriate agency.
    KAP

YeLLowBoaT
    who needs to go to mexico when you can just go to LA county...
    In college during spring break, a member of the group I was with ate a taco from a street side cart...he had it coming out of both ends for about 5 days.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast