Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Why I don't miss building motors sometimes.

wsuwrhr
    Hey don,t start no chit it took pages and pages of insults and suggestions just to figure out why your clearances were to tight.
    haha
    So that means I am not allowed to swing a few back?

Daytona100
    Alright just a few!!!!!!!

thatguy
    Yeah, You are right, and I do apologize. I am busy also. Am only home 10 days a month. Sorry for getting out of line. Just seemed like an ordinary obstacle was getting blown way out of proportion. Again, I do apologize. Guess I was just feeling a little like being an ass, something I AM good at!! Hope you get it worked out and on the water soon.
    Tommy
    PS- I was a HUGE mopar fan for many years. Used to fly across country just to see Glidden whip Grumpy with that little 273 motor. I never really got into the big engines then, but did a lot of personal research and development w/ 340 platform. Mostly oiling and headwork. My favorite ride to this day is the '71 Duster I had in high school. Verti-gate shifter, sidepipes, 9" Dana, L-60 tires and primered grey!

Blown 472
    Yeah, You are right, and I do apologize. I am busy also. Am only home 10 days a month. Sorry for getting out of line. Just seemed like an ordinary obstacle was getting blown way out of proportion. Again, I do apologize. Guess I was just feeling a little like being an ass, something I AM good at!! Hope you get it worked out and on the water soon.
    Tommy
    PS- I was a HUGE mopar fan for many years. Used to fly across country just to see Glidden whip Grumpy with that little 273 motor. I never really got into the big engines then, but did a lot of personal research and development w/ 340 platform. Mostly oiling and headwork. My favorite ride to this day is the '71 Duster I had in high school. Verti-gate shifter, sidepipes, 9" Dana, L-60 tires and primered grey!
    273? thought Glidden was racing a 340??

thatguy
    In the '79 season (and before and after) the CID/ Car wieght factor in NHRA Pro-Stock led him to a combination that was based on the 273 platform. His power wieght ratio was in fact a dominate combination in Pro-Stock w/ engine CID of less than 300 CI. He won the '79 Gatornationals, if memory serves, (I got to see it!) with the Arrow and the little motor. Took out Grumpy in fact.
    Eventually NHRA restructered (slowly) to the IHRA Pro-Stock combo of max. CID/ Min. wieght to make the class more competitive and a bigger fan draw.
    Tommy
    I really hate dating myself like this, since my kids and grandkids are more mature than myself!

steelcomp
    In the '79 season (and before and after) the CID/ Car wieght factor in NHRA Pro-Stock led him to a combination that was based on the 273 platform. His power wieght ratio was in fact a dominate combination in Pro-Stock w/ engine CID of less than 300 CI. He won the '79 Gatornationals, if memory serves, (I got to see it!) with the Arrow and the little motor. Took out Grumpy in fact.
    Eventually NHRA restructered (slowly) to the IHRA Pro-Stock combo of max. CID/ Min. wieght to make the class more competitive and a bigger fan draw.
    Tommy
    I really hate dating myself like this, since my kids and grandkids are more mature than myself!Ahhhh, those were the days.

wsuwrhr
    The "X" bearings came in. Look just like the H bearings.
    The few I measured were .0005-.0006 smaller than the H bearing.
    Nice.
    Brian

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516