Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kachina in the new Powerboat

Big Warlock
    Hey guys, its Wesley from Kachina. I watch these threads on a daily basis and laugh when I read your BS comments about our boats. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but here it goes. Who cares about a paint job? Our customers have the option of putting whatever they want on thier boats and we are happy to do it for them. Do you get mad at yourself because you have a boat that looks like a thousand other boats out there that I guarantee you overpaid for? Not sure you tell me. As for the Donzi and Fountain thing - the customer has friends that own these boats and he likes to rufffle thier feathers. By the way, this guy can afford to buy any boat he wanted but guess where he decided to go. He is running twin 600SCI's so I guarantee he's no slug in the water! As far as our build qualtiy - I invite anyone on this forum to come to our shop and see first hand how we construct our boats so this BS can come to an end. Since I have worked at Kachina I have also come to realize that the only people that have a problem with Kachina are the people that dont own them and have never probably even ridden in one ( except for Jordy's little buddy). I will challenge the ride and build quality of our boats to any other manufacturer out there!
    Wesley:
    I would be thrilled to come down to check out your operation and build process! Seriously, I want to have my questions answered. And then we will agree on a statement to put here on the board. I can also bring my Donzi down to go through a comparison. (You have a spot for 46 foot trailer right?) I am serious. I have said all along that a Kachina is a good buy, but please don't compare it to a Donzi, Fountain, Outerlimits, MTI, Formula, Sonic, Sunsation, Eliminator, etc. etc. Because the build is NOT the same. There is a reason for the price difference. Not saying there are good buys and better buys. I am saying you get what you pay for.
    This thread was an opinion thread about the paint jobs and why a builder would allow certain things on their boats. Then it got into a quality issue.
    I am available tomorrow before lunch. After that I will be out of town but return next Tues and available Wed thru Friday. Please let me know what works for you.
    I really am anxious to see this. It will be just me. unless Brian would like to go at the same time.
    Thanks for coming on here and expressing yourself. I do hope we can get to the bottom of this once and for all.
    Rob

Froggystyle
    I will challenge the ride and build quality of our boats to any other manufacturer out there!
    I'll be your huckleberry...

KachinaBoats
    Hello Guys,
    As I said before, I am the GM of Kachina and Louies Brother In Law and you are right, I do have great pride in our products! We also have great customers who are a joy to work with. many of them are on these boards on a regular basis! There are also idiots like Jordy who always have something negative to say about anything. I feeel sorry for the guy becuase apparently he doesnt have much of a life! Yep that one was ment just for you Jordy! We will be using high tech materials and layups in our new Patron and will be marketing them heavily on the East Coast! As far as posting on OSO that would be great becuase I generate tons of business off thier site! Its too bad that most of the people on here that badmouth our boats have no first hand knowledge of them whatsoever except for the BS you here from Jordy! Louie and I would love for everyone to come by the shop because I guarantee we are great people , love our customers and we build an awesome boat , regardless of what some people want to express on the paint job of thier boat! So like I said, please come by or feel free to call us anytime you want.

DeepVee
    ... Do you get mad at yourself because you have a boat that looks like a thousand other boats out there that I guarantee you overpaid for? ... I will challenge the ride and build quality of our boats to any other manufacturer out there!
    The real question is, have you looked at the construction of or ridden in a Donzi ZR, or ZRComp boat? There is a reason why these boats are priced the way they are. The hulls, construction and components have built a rock solid reputation on a race proven design in Factory-2, SuperVee and P1 Offshore in Europe. Team Donzi, Snap on Tools, Lightning Strikes, OSG and Fisher Offshore to name a few rely on these overpriced boats to bring them home.
    I'll come down and take a look at your manufacturing and take a ride in one of your boats but you have to accept a ride in my overpriced 22' Donzi Special Edition w/500EFI and in the roughest water we can find, Havasu or the channel in Powell would be best. I bet I can give you a ride that that'll knock your socks off in a little boat that's pretty fast and solid as a rock in rough water. My ex-20'-Kachina neighbor took a ride in my boat and all he could say was "Holy $%&#, that thing is Bad A$$".
    Your boats are what they are and have a place in the market, big lake boats. I just don't think some of the paint jobs I've seen lately are too flattering and turn off certain people to the point where they don't really look at the rest of the boat to find the positive aspects.
    BTW, I can probably arrange a tour of the Donzi factory if you're interested.

Big Warlock
    Hello Guys,
    As I said before, I am the GM of Kachina and Louies Brother In Law and you are right, I do have great pride in our products! We also have great customers who are a joy to work with. many of them are on these boards on a regular basis! There are also idiots like Jordy who always have something negative to say about anything. I feeel sorry for the guy becuase apparently he doesnt have much of a life! Yep that one was ment just for you Jordy! We will be using high tech materials and layups in our new Patron and will be marketing them heavily on the East Coast! As far as posting on OSO that would be great becuase I generate tons of business off thier site! Its too bad that most of the people on here that badmouth our boats have no first hand knowledge of them whatsoever except for the BS you here from Jordy! Louie and I would love for everyone to come by the shop because I guarantee we are great people , love our customers and we build an awesome boat , regardless of what some people want to express on the paint job of thier boat! So like I said, please come by or feel free to call us anytime you want.
    Wesley:
    I think I did put up a time. Like at my office, I like to know when people are coming over. Does that time work for you? You are welcome to PM me.
    Rob

Jordy
    There are also idiots like Jordy who always have something negative to say about anything. I feeel sorry for the guy becuase apparently he doesnt have much of a life! Yep that one was ment just for you Jordy!
    Wow, what a great way to handle customer service there Wesley. I'll be certain to recommend you guys to everyone I can think of in the market for a new boat. And you're right, I don't have much of a life at all. I just sit around and wait for you to post up stupid claims of how great your boats are compared to ALL the other manufacturers out there. That kind of stuff makes my life very exciting.
    Feel sorry for me all you want buddy, at least I'm grounded in reality and don't need a panic room in my house to guard against anyone I've done businsess with in the past.
    p.s. Are you ever going to answer my question regarding that Cigarette Top Gun that was seen on it's lid a while back in your yard??? Right about the time the new 39' Patron started hitting the publicity trail as I recall. What in the world could you guys be doing with a 38' East Coast boat upside down there??? Hmmm... :idea:

Froggystyle
    Not worth the energy...

Jordy
    ( except for Jordy's little buddy).
    Hey Wesley, I'm still trying to figure out who my little buddy is. Can you help me out here??? :idea:

Big Warlock
    Wesley:
    If your offer is still on the table. My time still works for me. Please confirm when you can. I am sincere about coming down to your shop. You are welcome to come to my shop. I think there are only four boats here at the moment, but that's ok as I am in the construction industry. LOL
    Seriously, I do want to come down. But I want to make sure it's cool and you are going to be there so we can go through stuff together. If you want me to bring my Donzi, I will. If not, no worries, I'll leave it at home.
    PM me.
    I am off to a meeting and will not be back until after lunch. Someone please keep this on page one. I hate having to search for stuff.
    Thanks,
    Rob

Devil's Advocate
    I still stand by my original post on this thread. As a manufacturer representing your product out there, "Anything goes" does not seem to be a very business savvy choice IMO. It's still your product and like I said, it will be causing unnecessary mockery of the boats. It will make you laugh at them before you even know how the boat really is. To me it seems like it's just selling the customer a boat that is really the bottom line if you're doing it that way, not caring how crazy or rediculous it may look. I'll bet that no other manufacturer out there would accept those crazy paint jobs if Kachina turned them away. You have to draw the line somewhere on customer wants and manufacturer representation.
    Even before we got our Lavey and was still in the Kachinas, we laughed at some of the boats that Kachina moved off their lot. We loved our Kachinas for the most part. And again, for the price, they are a good buy for sure. And if the owner is happy, then that is all that truly matters in the end.
    And if you've never owned one, you can't truly speak on what they are like.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast