Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Kachina in the new Powerboat

Dave C
    The B.I. has mad skillz... but B.I. on his best day couldn't top that reality...
    well maybe... but he have to work at it!
    Are those seriously the paint jobs on those boats are did the Bildge Idiot do that?? Good lord! if that is real, what are people thinking?????

seanv
    aw c'mon bw, it could happen if the donzi n fountain were anchored

seanv
    I would love to see all 3 boats, Kachina, Fountain, Donzi run side by side at 100 MPH for 10 miles and see which comes apart first.
    Does Fountain and Donzi even know Kachina exists?
    I am not talking smack to the current Kachina owners. You all have pride in your boat, as you should, but come on... Putting a Fountain, a boat which has held a world record and on the race circuit every week being destroyed by a Kachina shark is crap.
    hell, i ran my kachina (yes im sorry guys, i had one) on havazoo for one day only and spent a few days screwing the damn thing back together. put them in the big blue against proven hulls and a race environment call the coast guard.

Big Warlock
    aw c'mon bw, it could happen if the donzi n fountain were anchored
    There isn't even a comparison! But if a Kachina hit my boat while I was anchored, I would be willing to bet the Kachina would sustain much more damage than my boat.
    I just do not believe that a Kachina is laid up the same as a Donzi. Sorry, but someone needs to prove me wrong here. You can go to a Kachina a push the side in and out. Seems to be not much fiberglass and lots of flex. You are welcome to come to my shop and push the Donzi all you want. It is not the same. The Donzi is a much stronger boat. Be it in the lay up or the engineering of stringers and structual layout.
    This is my opinion. And until someone shows me different, that will remain my opinion. And I have stuck by that opinion over the years. I have not been proven wrong yet.
    The paint jobs on the boats is just a whole issue that has to do with psychotic ideas. What can anyone say about that????
    Sorry Jeff, yours is one of the nicer Kachina's I have seen. And I like you and your wife, so no offense to you personally.

40FlatDeck
    A f*cking parrot smoking a cigar!!!!!!!!

seanv
    any pics of the turkey neck lady boat? thats another all time fave of the masses

Kachina26
    You can go to a Kachina a push the side in and out. Seems to be not much fiberglass and lots of flex.
    I won't argue any of the other points, well, because I can't However, we went over this one a few years ago. No you can't. At least not on mine or on screams, those are the only ones I tried. But I was throwing my weight into it and could not get it to flex.

Make it a Double
    I think what people are failing to acknowledge is that these graphics are not Kachina’s designs for the most part. When I purchased my Boat I was told that you can put “anything on it you want”. I was also told to keep in mind you may want to sell the boat some day. The Boat eating the Donzi and Fountain is a good example of Kachina doing a custom boat for a very wealthy guy. This is what the guy wanted and he can afford to pay for it and later take the loss. From Webster’s Custom “made or performed according to personal order”.
    Overall we are happy with our boat. Is it perfect no. Is it a good value? Most definitely. Is it a much better value than my last production boat? Absolutely.
    I did not set out to purchase a race boat nor did anyone involved in the sale lead me to believe I was buying one. I feel my boat is very solid and god forbid I ever do have a collision I believe the boat will hold up well.
    To sum it up those that know me know I could have purchased a more expensive boat. I chose to purchase the boat I wanted that fit my present needs.
    Let’s face it outside of these boards no one really cares.

RiverToysJas
    Let’s face it outside of these boards no one really cares.
    That's a fact!!! ....and even here, most don't REALLY care....it's just a fun way to pass a day. Nobody serious about saying another person has a shitty boat.....well one or two maybe, but I'm not.
    Judging by your signature, you have some good taste too.
    RTJas

seanv
    i say to hell with the boats jeff n lets all hang in the pool

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast