Thread: Blown 572ci Leak Down Test?

FORCEINU
    :idea: 3 WEEKS AGO HAD PROBLEM WITH A ROLLER ROCKER STUD BOLT THAT BROKE.
    A WEEK LATER AFTER ENGINE BUILDER REPLACE ROCKER STUD BOLT AND SAID HE SENT THE HEADS TO GET A VALVE JOB DONE TOOK OUT BOAT FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS CRUISING ABOUT 70MPH AND OIL WAS PUKING OUT OF VALVE COVERS MOTOR HAD NO POWER AND DEFINATELY I CAN FEEL IT SO DECIDED TO TAKE BOAT OUT AND TAKE IT BACK TO ENGINE BUILDER .
    HE DID A LEAK DOWN TEST AND I GUESS THE BAD SIDE FROM PREVIOUS WEEK TURN OUT TO BE THE GOOD SIDE. I DON'T HOW MUCH AIR HE PRESSURISES THE ENGINE BUT WHEN HE DID OTHER SIDE I COULD HEAR
    AIR COMING OUT OF EXHAUST TAIL PIPE ?
    WHAT DOES THIS MEAN CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME OUT .
    BLOWN HEAD GASKET VALVE LEAKS OR JUST THE BEGGINING OF A NIGHTMARE!:devil:

Fiat48
    air coming out the exhaust indicates a leaking exhaust valve. But that won't cause it to pump oil and what not that you are complaining about.
    Leak testers generally use about 80 psi and the leak is whatever percentage the dial reads.
    I think your builder should have already explained these things to you. Go back and see him.

Sleeper CP
    Did he send the heads out or a head? It sounds like you have a burnt or bent exhaust valve. Probably just burnt, but that should have been fixed with the valve job. Someone didn't do something right.Sometimes when you test, I always use 100 psi it's easier to calculate, if the ex. or intake is leaking alot you can't hear it passing the rings.
    If you are pucking oil you may have an issue with the rings. Put your ear up the the valve cover breather when the leak down is being done.
    Sleeper CP