Thread: What cable for Diverter?

pw_Tony
    I got this old diverter I want to put on but I don't know what cable I need.
    Also I don't know what length of cable I need. It's going on a Hondo Pantera that is in storage at Martinez.
    http://i14.tinypic.com/52nfxw7.jpg
    I know I need this bracket
    http://i18.tinypic.com/4tknsl5.jpg
    What else should I need other than the diverter, the handle, and this bracket?

Jetaholic
    The length you need will be determined by the length of your boat and how you plan on routing it, but it's the same type of cable as a reverse cable.

watergun4u
    the cable you need is going to be a 43bc cable, and its going to be eithier a 12ft or a 14 ft! you will also need the steering bracket, the one you have is for the up and down on the diverter!

CARLSON-JET
    You're going to need a heim (sp) joint for the end of the cable that actuates the diverter. The correct bolt would be a bonus. Are there grooves on the end of the diverter on the steering joint side? if so you need the o-ring. there also might be another inside the diverter part. Give Place a call ... they will know what size you need.. there are 2 sizes depending on age. Nice folks and reasonable prices. You might also replace all the bushings for the pins on the whole setup. don't forget the one for the reverse bucket. you will also need a through hull fitting for the 43BC cable. I also think all the bolts for the hardware are 1/4 X 20