Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: drive swap

Ryan00TJ
    Well, I decided to go with a bravo 1 to replace my old 260 drive. I'm still looking to pick up a transom assembly, and will eventually go with a reman 383. My big question I wanted to get resolution on early is what is the "X" dimension and should I be worried about it when replacing the 260 drive with the bravo? The boat in question is a 21' Schiada RC, and I don't know if I should just leave the transom location as is when swapping the assemblies.
    Thanks!!!!
    A Bravo and Alpha have the same dimension from ujoint to prop shaft centerline. So in theory swapping in a Bravo setup will keep the same X dimension you had before with the Alpha. Raising the X on your boat is a major $$$$ undertaking and should be thought out before attempting. I would research into the aspect and see what works and what does not. Knowledgeable hull experts familiar with the hull should be able to help.

pocketchange 22
    You'll thank yourself. If your going 2 spend the cash, go with the Merc; package. (383 w/ Bravo 1) Run a power to it and go with a warenty. Simple fuel efficiant, and reliable!

79schiada
    Hey guys, thanks again for the heads-up on the how-to's. Hopefully, I'll be posting a couple of pics as I work the boat over this winter. I didn't get out on the water this year. Too much work and I didn't trust the old drive. But this one aught to be ready for next summer!

pocketchange 22
    Good luck, I did mine last winter, take your time, don't half ass it.
    It's a walk in the park.:devil:

79schiada
    If I can get a pull-off bravo HP transom assembly with low hours instead of a new standard transom assembly, for the same cost, would that be worthwhile? Is the HP that much better of a transom assembly, or with the 383 should I even be worried? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12