Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Hawaiian

HPBoats83
    Yes I own one of them. It was my first boat I had ever owned and understood when I was buying it that it wasn't an eliminator or anything with a brand name; however, I didn't know how bad it was until I got it home. My real question is, if I have somebody competent completely re-rig the boat and have somebody re-do the upholstery in the boat (as it falls apart) I would be taking almost everything "team hawaiian" out of it, right? I have talked to a few people (pretty reputable) and they have looked at the hull of the boat and said it was built pretty solid. I was very suprised to hear that; however, does anybody know different or had any problems with the actual "team hawaiian" hull? Basically what it boils down to is I can't afford to go buy something better right now, so I would like to hold on to the boat and take everything "team hawaiian" out of it and make it a boat to be proud of!
    P.S. I know it's a piece of shit!

dicudmore
    why re-rig the boat if it works now? Just have fun with it, if something breaks, fix it...
    Having the boat re-rigged to the T's of a ________ <-----insert favorite builder here, will not change the performance, resale, safety etc of the boat. Unless you have something that is "dangerous" and needs to be addressed just drive the damn thing...

76ANTHONY
    why re-rig the boat if it works now? Just have fun with it, if something breaks, fix it...
    Having the boat re-rigged to the T's of a ________ <-----insert favorite builder here, will not change the performance, resale, safety etc of the boat. Unless you have something that is "dangerous" and needs to be addressed just drive the damn thing...
    ditto..
    what is it about the boat that has got ya so upset about it? its not the best boat on the water but it should work. what issues does it have?

HPBoats83
    I hate the rigging in the boat! There are some things in there that I have had to secure myself with SS clamps because it was a short waiting to happen. That would be a big peace of mind thing for me. All in all though the boat has been pretty good to me. I was reading some past threads on here about how thin the hull was and got me concerned. I just want to make sure it's safe.

76ANTHONY
    I hate the rigging in the boat! There are some things in there that I have had to secure myself with SS clamps because it was a short waiting to happen. That would be a big peace of mind thing for me. All in all though the boat has been pretty good to me. I was reading some past threads on here about how thin the hull was and got me concerned. I just want to make sure it's safe.
    you might just wanna take it to a good shop and have them check it over and make adjustments and reroute some wiring. i dont think you have a huge issue, just need piece of mind.

HPBoats83
    I had a shop do that for me once already and he did really nice work, he put all the wiring in conduit w/ adell clamps around it. He told me to put all new wiring in that boat he was only going to charge me like 13-1500. That seems like a better deal to me then the 500 I just spent to have SOME of the wires cleaned up.

CBadDad
    It's summer time. That means it's boating season. Get out there and enjoy the water. If something breaks, fix it. If you can't stand something, then wrench on it between trips. But don't sweat the small stuff. It's your first boat. Have fun.
    If you really hate it, you're better off trying to sell the boat then fixing it up, because it won't help your resale value. Good luck.

meaniam
    did you buy that thing at pomona car show swap meet? i saw one for sale down there last month.

HPBoats83
    No. I have had mine for 2 years now. I bought the boat used with 50 hours and a crate engine. I do know it is a crate engine because I saw it out of the boat on the crate. I have put every hour on the boat and have run royal purple in it the whole time, so it run's like a champ. It's the boat in my avatar.

Froggystyle
    Some good advice already.
    If you are handy, I will be glad to show you how to fix some of the stuff yourself. If you are used to working on things and just lack the basics of boat wiring etc... I will be glad to get you pointed in the right direction.
    Interior is just where you sit. It doesn't really effect the safety as long as the seats are at least solid.
    I personally wouldn't lay a finger on it. Sell it as is, and buy a used boat from a more reputable builder. It isn't going to increase in value, and if it isn't breaking, I wouldn't dump money into if you don't love the boat.
    I hate to hear stories like this, and hope that you can get out of it before you spend too much on it.
    Let me know if you need help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast