Thread: Thinking about a 29 fountian???

I DIG IT !
    Well I'm looking at a few fountians and found a 2002 29 fountian with a 500efi. I have always liked this boat but never knew much about them. What's everybodys thoughts. Good boat ,good power, how fast, what do I need to know or learn????

Havasu Hangin'
    Well I'm looking at a few fountians and found a 2002 29 fountian with a 500efi. I have always liked this boat but never knew much about them. What's everybodys thoughts. Good boat ,good power, how fast, what do I need to know or learn????
    Nice boat, but I'd think of it more as a 27' (with a beak and a swimstep).

Boatcop

riverracerx
    My bro-in-law has a perfect 1996 29' scarab with twin 350s in it he is looking into selling.
    :idea:

I DIG IT !
    I really like the fountians and only want a single but thanks.

C-2
    Try OSO, tons of posts on them.
    Nice boat, they had one at the LA boatshow with a 525....$96K, which was a steal. In fact Powerboats Northwest up in your neck of the woods was the dealer, Joe Malich is his name.
    2002 was the year they introdcued a twin step hull? We have been eyeballing 33's for a long time....there are some smoking deals out there. Wifey wants a 30' Hallett...but I like the Fountain.....fast, looks great. About the only downside is all the gold chains you'll have to buy, unless they got rid of that requirement.:jawdrop: :sqeyes: :jawdrop:

RiverToysJas
    I've always thought 29' is too much for a single motor. Lotta weight and drag for one set of drive gears IMO.
    RTJas

spectras only
    You're from the northwest , get in touch with 'Mark D' on
    www.nwoffshore.com :idea: . He's got a 29 with
    a 525 w/XR. Joe Malich is your man for more info , but you
    probably knew that already

HatenWinter
    I had a friend with the same boat and power. It was very nice, great ride and the top speed with the HP500 was 70'ish.