Thread: Paging Brad Franklin RE Emken Boats

78Hondo Cruiser
    Brad,
    We met today at the Irvine Lake V-Drive Event. We talked about your boat and my wifes family history with that manf. Anyhow I would like to let you know a little more about the history. We talked with Grandpa today (Al Cuelho) and got some info you would like. After 10 yrs of Manf approx 100 boats were made. Mike Emken originally made the mold and Al bought it off of him after he made only one boat. All the boats were made through Pat's Inboards. He kept the name Emken on the boats because he thought it sounded good. Not sure where the name Jim Emken came in but was your boat originally White/Green when you bought it? If so the boat was originally called Greengo and was actually made by Al and my Wifes father. It was really neet getting to see the boat today since we have only gotten to see a couple in recent years other than old pictures that is. Anyhow I hope you get to read this and I look forward to hearing from you on the original color.
    PS. To anyone else who reads this I had a great time out there today and it was a kick in the butt to get going on my own project. I have seen all of the pictures you all post in here but to see some of those water rods in person just blows all the pics away.
    Kyle

78Hondo Cruiser
    Working on more info my wifes father actually has a much better recolection (I think that is spelled right) of those times. He is going to start putting some info down on paper when I know more I will let you know as well.

78Hondo Cruiser
    Brad,
    Hoping to get in touch with you. I wanted to find out the original color of your boat. I have a few family members that are interested to know as well. If Brad doesnt post on here and anyone knows him let him know that I am looking for him.
    Kyle

I have a Emken

You might be interested in this rare 19' 1972 Emken flatty, It has the adjustable plates, two nice keel fins and a reworked trailer (new paint, new tires with nitrogen, bearings and bearing buddys, LED lights $2,100 invested). It is a great boat with a older hall craft v-drive, fully outfitted less gauges and engine. Comes with engine mounts so just drop in you favorite BBC and some gauges and you are on the water. The hull is in good shape with some dings. Asking $2,950 (Corona, CA}

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1972 Emken.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1972 Emken 2.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	169

Quote Originally Posted by 78Hondo Cruiser View Post
    Brad,
    Hoping to get in touch with you. I wanted to find out the original color of your boat. I have a few family members that are interested to know as well. If Brad doesnt post on here and anyone knows him let him know that I am looking for him.
    Kyle

were did you get this boat? - do you know pat & al?