Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: water injection shut off valve

76miller
    Does anybody have pics that they can post, or explain the best way to plumb a line, from the Bassett T fitting up to the drivers seat to shut off your water injected to the headers. Also, did you see much of any gains when running WOT with out the water ? Thanks

BOOGEYMAN
    I was thinking of doing the same thing!! Anyone have any pic's or results???
    Travis.

FuelInMyVeins82
    http://www.rexmar.com/page228.html
    top one is nice for a simple set up

502 JET
    Does anybody have pics that they can post, or explain the best way to plumb a line, from the Bassett T fitting up to the drivers seat to shut off your water injected to the headers. Also, did you see much of any gains when running WOT with out the water ? Thanks
    Take the feed line off the Tee and run it up to the manual valve, then out of the manual valve back to the Basset Tee.
    You only need a mist of water coming out the exhaust. You don't need water pouring out out of it.
    You should be running two lines out of your thermostat housing for water out. One line to the Basset Tee and the other through a gate valve and over board. Adjusting the gate valve will control how much water goes to the headers or over board.
    When I got my boat the guy had no dump line and had all the water leaving the engine through the headers, no dump line. When I added the dump and fed the exhaust with less water there was no difference on the GPS.
    I never tried no water at all though.

76miller
    Thanks for the info guys.
    Hey FuelInMyVeins, do you have a red Rogers that was out at Ming this weekend ? I was wondering what kind of shoe your running ? I'm trying to get more lift and not sure if I'm going about it in the correct way. My Miller just left MPD last week and I'm trying to dial it in.

FuelInMyVeins82
    Thanks for the info guys.
    Hey FuelInMyVeins, do you have a red Rogers that was out at Ming this weekend ? I was wondering what kind of shoe your running ? I'm trying to get more lift and not sure if I'm going about it in the correct way. My Miller just left MPD last week and I'm trying to dial it in.
    ya thats mine. I saw your boat down at jacks, it looked nice. I need to double check but I believe I am running 2* of back cut in the Rogers. How ever from what I understand the Millers have more rocker than the Rogers do so you need to be a little more careful w/ the set up. What ever Jack set you up w/ is probably pretty close. What kind of power are you making?

76miller
    Riodog, Thanks for the heads up. The setup that 502 is suggesting, wouldn't the valve in the closed position just force all the water to the dump line overboard ? How would you do it ? My pump is very built, nothing stock about it, and I'm running 600hp + and nos is in the future.Thanks for any help.76miller.

76miller
    Fuel, thanks.. ya that was mine at Jacks. I was really happy with how it turned out. I also have 2* backcut in my shoe. I ran it in Parker this past sun/mon and it felt good but I was trying to get a little more lift with the shims he made me, not sure If its working though. It probably is, but its hard to tell with out video how dry I'm even running. What loader grate are you running ?

FuelInMyVeins82
    Fuel, thanks.. ya that was mine at Jacks. I was really happy with how it turned out. I also have 2* backcut in my shoe. I ran it in Parker this past sun/mon and it felt good but I was trying to get a little more lift with the shims he made me, not sure If its working though. It probably is, but its hard to tell with out video how dry I'm even running. What loader grate are you running ?
    Ya I would definitely get video of the boat before you put more shoe in it. It may be freeer than you think.
    From what I understand the shims do not increase lift. What they do is lower the bitting edge of the shoe w/ allows it to "scoop" more water into the intake. However if you lower the shoe to far in the water the shut down might get very interesting especially at the river. If you want to gain more lift from the shoe you need to increase to angle in it (ie 2.5* of back cut) As far as the loader goes I'm just running the standard MPD loader.
    If you really want to get into tunning your miller you should look into the River Racer class. The 200 bux is well worth it for what you learn. You may already know most of this but I figured I would be thorough.

76miller
    Fuel, I'm going out there again this weekend so I will try to take some video and post it. Jack made me some shims for the ride plate/cradle and also some that go under the shoe. Wouldn't that increase backcut if I add under the shoe? I'm also having a hard time figuring out were the best notch is on my diverter. I usually have it all the way down to the bottom notch for hole shot, then put it in the #3 or#4 notch for the rest of the pass. Does this sound right for this hull ? How do you usually operate when your making a pass in the Rogers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast