Thread: Michigan

Ragemaster
    Is anyone from the west coast coming to Mich. anytime soon? I want to buy a boat I saw on the v-drive Recycler, But cant take the time off work to go get it. Those car hauler companies want 900 bucks to do it. It is cheaper to buy a running v-drive boat out there and bring it back than to build a new motor! You can count all the v-drive flatties here on one hand. Any takers on pulling the boat? I would pay expenses.

MoJetBoPar
    Well I can't help ya, but sympathize with your plight. I live in MI too.
    The guys on the west coast have more flatties to choose from and I would't know what to do if I lived out there.
    I found a very nice 68 Rayson Craft with 440 Mopar B/B wedge and velvet-drive a couple months ago (just what I wanted). It was just west of Chicago, a 5 hour drive from me. It took 2 years of looking to find.

flattie
    If you find someone to do this I will buy another boat and have them pick that one up on the way also.

BigBoyToys
    Well, if you found a good enough deal on a boat, the 900 bucks shipping wouldn't be too bad. I was looking at a Sanger Flattie yesterday for $5500.00 minus engine. Not too bad of a deal....But still to rich for me.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Im not sure what it would cost, but there is a trucking company that will put things on a flat bed truck. Another words you pay for a part of the load. I wish I could think of the name. Its like Shared space.com???

MoJetBoPar
    You might want ot create a new post about "looking for a transporter". I did that about a year ago and a few guys did respond with prices between $800-$1500.
    Good luck.
    [ November 28, 2002, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: MoJetBoPar ]

Infomaniac
    I have done this 3 times now.
    Fly out there.
    Rent a car or SUV. If you are lucky an SUV will already have a hitch. If not. Secretly:
    Go to U-haul and have a hitch put on. 100 - 150 dollars.
    Drive it home, take the hitch off and sell it.
    Flying is free for me but tickets are bargains now a days. The total cost much less than hiring a boat hauler. A lot of fun also.
    [ November 28, 2002, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Ragemaster
    Infomaniac you are right, that is the way to do it. Plus you get to look at the boat before you buy it! But I am so busy at work I cant get away at all. [Building reamers for 50 cal Machine guns for a gov contractor, wonder what therein such a rush for?......] So I probably will just hire a hauler. Im thinking of getting a few of them I think I could sell here in Mich. wink

captain
    ok, I live in the middle of the mitten,I have a flat and a jet and a hydro, also a drop deck I haul around behind my peterbuilt.after the first of the year I think I"m heading to texas so maybe I can help...

Ragemaster
    Hey Captain, are you serious? Maybe we could work somthing out, Im up in Comins, do you know where that is? Its about 50 miles east of grayling, everybody seems to know where that is.