Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chassis Dyno

HOSS
    Looking to purchase a chassis dyno. Figurred this is a pretty good place to start to find out some more info on them. I don`t mind above ground but would rather sink it.

Youngblood
    Two of the better known brands:
    http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/index.aspx
    http://www.mustangdyne.com/performancetuning.htm
    Dynojet is pretty much the industry standard.

Sleeper CP
    Try looking on RacingJunk.com
    Sleeper CP

pw_Tony
    A dyno for a car or what?

2dasand
    I used to own a Mustang 1750, in ground. Good to 1750 RWHP, and 225MPH. If I were to do it over again, I would buy another one. Many people don't like the Mustangs, because they do not give as high a number as a Dynojet. We fought that alot. I can say this, it was the most repeatable dyno I have payed with. Same vehicle, 2 months later in totally different weather conditions and it was never more than a couple of HP different. The load features were awesome, and very handy for tuning. We had about 1200 Hp to the rollers, and that was a handful! Good luck!

HOSS
    I am looking at the 750 mustang.

HOSS
    Just got off the phone with Tim at ME and looks like I`m rolling with the 1100 SE. Single eddy. I will be able to run duallies without removing the outer tire.

STV_Keith
    What kind of vehicles/power ranges are you looking at testing? A Dynojet 224 with a load cell is a great bang for the buck. I know a local guy bought a used one without the load cell for $15k. Have dynoed up to 1300rwhp on it so far...twin turbo Viper.

Sleeper CP
    Hey Hoss,
    I just checked Racingjunk.Com and there are 3 Mustang dyno's for sale from $29k to $35K they look like good units. You might want to check them out, just do a search on the home page. At least one of them is in your neck of the woods.
    Sleeper CP

N281PONY
    There was a guy in Houston that that had a 1750 for sale. He had an add on HotRodGossip. I will see if I can find it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast