Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS/SS 550 sad news

Moneypitt
    Boat race in the sky
    Henry Arnold
    Henry Arnold passed away on Saturday, July 7, 2007. He was born in Santa Rosa, Ca. to Henry and Catherine Arnold. The family moved from Visalia to Fresno in 1957, and he has called Fresno his home ever since. Henry began working after high school at Bills Appliance as a bill collector, which later proved to be very helpful with his career in law enforcement. Like most of his friends he was drafted in February 1967, and spent one year in Vietnam. After his return he entered Fresno City College and his path to law enforcement began. Henry was hired by the Fresno Police Department in 1970, and had a very successful career until his retirement on February 9, 2005. He met and married Sue in 1986 and they have two sons, Christopher and Ryan, they were the loves of his life. Many years were spent on small vacations to Morro Bay, the cabin at Bass Lake and anywhere boat racing took them. Henry had many passions in life; he enjoyed golf and was a member at Fort Washington Country Club were he spent many days watching and playing golf with his sons. Henry had a sense for adventure, which allowed him to try hang gliding, water and snow skiing, but most of all his need for speed. Henry raced a flat bottom circle boat and passed that skill onto his sons Chris and Ryan. His grandparents, mother and father, aunt Wilma, and his brother Louis preceded Henry in death. Henry is survived by his wife Susan; sons, Christopher and Ryan of Fresno; sister, Catherine Pollastrini and her husband Larry of Clovis; sister, Betty Kunzmann and her husband Bob of Seattle, Wa.; many nieces, nephews and friends. Visitation will be held at Farewell in Fresno, on Wednesday, July 11, 2007, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. Recitation of the Holy Rosary and a Funeral Mass will be held at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Fresno on Thursday, July 12, 2007, beginning with the Rosary at 9:30 a.m. and the Mass at 10:00 a.m. Interment will be at St. Peter's Catholic Cemetery. Remembrances may be made to the donor's favorite charity.
    Published in the Fresno Bee on 7/11/2007.

scottwizer
    Henry and his family will be in my prayers...

Life's Rough
    Very sorry to hear this, the Easons and entire 711 crew have the Arnolds thoughts and prayers.

Moneypitt
    Henry was one of a kind. I know he was at least 58, maybe older, but he never hesitated to jump in the flat and compete. Chris Arnold,@18 was the "shoe", but as kids do, he had other things in his life and couldn't get to some of the races......Well, "Here's Henry"...he would always run outside on that first lap, and then close it up as the race progressed. He would tell me stories about racing against Jullian, Rudy, and a host of others I can't remember. A racer's racer to be sure, and he will be sadly missed by all that had the pleasure of knowing him.....Ray

mango madness
    Our condolences to the arnold family.
    I met MR. Arnold a couple of years ago at firebird,I crashed my boat that weekend and Henry was one of the first people to help me get my boat going again.
    His out going nature and willingness to help will always be how I'll remember him.
    He will be greatly missed.
    Mike D.

mango madness
    Our condollences to the arnold family.
    I met MR. Arnold a couple of years ago at firebird,I crashed my boat that weekend and Henry was one of the first people to help me get my boat going again.
    His out going nature and willingness to help will always be how I'll remember him.
    He will be greatly missed.
    Mike D.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Really sad to hear this. Our condolences to the Arnold family.

FlatRat
    Never met him in person but talked to him on the phone several times.Sounded like a super guy.Godspeed Henry.Prayers to the family and friends

GofastRacer
    Sad indeed he was a cool guy, thoughts and prayers go out to the family!..

kipperps28
    I raced with Henry in WA, and he was always a class act. Godspeed, and our prayers to the Arnold family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast