Thread: quickfuel technology race fuel pump

Youngblood
    Anyone running one of these? Pro's/con's?
    http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_757835_-1

WannabeRacing
    Talked to quite a few people. Seen lots run on boats and cars, and I have one on my new boat. Too early to see any disadvantages. No problems so far other than price.
    Pretty much everyone I have spoken to says that they are the cats meow. They will damage a cheap fuel regulator. (Depending on which pump you get.) And like LaBlonde says, the more pressure you get to the regulator, the quicker you will go.

Youngblood
    what's a cheap regulator to you? I've got an aeromotive one but not sure on the part number of it.

WannabeRacing
    Aeromotive makes good stuff.
    Junk to me is the cast stuff trying to look like the entry level holley. Ya know, the stuff that is sitting on the shelf at Pep Boys. I am sure that it is on super sale this weekend only for $14.99.
    If you get the higher pressure pump from them, (150 psi) you need to really watch what regulator can take that type of thing. There, they also get into returns, vacuum signals, vents, and at that point you should rpobably stick with their regulators. But for the 50 psi deal, try the one you have. It should work great. But will need adjustment over your old pump.
    Keep us posted in how it goes.

BlueNun
    I was gonna buy that pump until I got talked into a Clay Smith and I couldnt be happier. I guess that QF pump is based on a cummins design I was told and the only thing unknown is its length of service and handling a rebuild.