Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Professional Courtesy!?

h2oski2fast
    Totally. I'll bring you some leftovers. And next year, when we go to vegas (plans in the works, the "task force" - me & my assistant - will finally be 21), you can manage the phones, and we'll bring you a fancy snowglobe!
    Don't forget drunk dials!

Larry Nebb
    Totally. I'll bring you some leftovers. And next year, when we go to vegas (plans in the works, the "task force" - me & my assistant - will finally be 21), you can manage the phones, and we'll bring you a fancy snowglobe!
    If you could fix me up with a snowglobe that tastes like the devil and has some pull I'll go for that job.

riverroyal
    Don't get me started........ Here in Vegas, the labor pool sucks so bad, you have to beg people to come to work, and if they screw up and you call them on, they freak out & quit.
    I will work for ya,,,im always on time when Im not in havasu

Do F150's Float?
    If you could fix me up with a snowglobe that tastes like the devil and has some pull I'll go for that job.
    :notam: :idea:

76ANTHONY
    what a great person you must be, always thinking about me. i wouldnt know i've never meet you

DMVQUEEN
    Ohhh no, we couldn't care less about that. The first lady that got fired... I walked behind her desk, and she was sitting there...clicking on a BLANK Excel spreadsheet. Yeah, and then she has the nerve to try & work "overtime"!!!!
    Ya, I feel your pain, after reading this thread today, I had had enough!!!!
    I finally fired my assistant today. She would actually sleep at her desk, SITTING UP!!! She slurred her words, and when asked what is she on, she told me her foot hurt
    Thanks for the encouragement!!
    BTW, looking for good help!! :cry: let me know,full time job, light office work in the San Fernando Valley
    Sara out

Kilrtoy
    You guys are a bunch of BIG MEANIE's
    Im sick right now and YES I left work early, but hell Im sick and I have 3 and 1/2 months of sick time.....

djunkie
    You guys are a bunch of BIG MEANIE's
    Im sick right now and YES I left work early, but hell Im sick and I have 3 and 1/2 months of sick time.....
    You get sick time?

Kilrtoy
    You get sick time?
    THANK THE UNION

Boatcop
    At least you CAN fire incompetent employees.
    My wife works for the Federal Government (Indian Health Services in Parker).
    She's been there for 4 years, and in that time NO ONE in her office (except her) has been at work for a full 5 day work week. Some have never worked 2 full 8 hour days in a row. (Show up late, leave early, don't come back from lunch, etc.)
    When they do that (AWOL) they're charged vacation or sick leave. When they run out of that, they're docked pay. Doesn't phase them in the least. One girl just didn't come to work for 6 weeks. No notice, no request. Nothing. Then one day showed up like nothing happened. They placed her on leave restriction. (Double Secret Probation) and set her up for job counseling. She could only take time off for emergency, and only if cleared by the director of the hospital, with concurrence from the Dept. head. My wife had to go in an hour early every day to make sure she was there when she was supposed to be. She wasn't. EVER
    She was late or didn't go to the counseling sessions. Or when she did go, she'd take the rest of the day off. She was on this "restriction" for 6 months, and even then came in late, left early, didn't show up, etc.
    Dismissal proceedings were started, and it took an additional 4 months to actually dismiss her. Termination had to be approved and directed by the Main Facility in Phoenix, from the very top of the Regional Office. and she cried for the union rep to save her job. He just shook his head and gave a feeble attempt to try and have her assigned to another Dept., but was pretty much resigned that she was history.
    10 months to fire someone, who would have been gone in less than a week in the private sector. And all this time, the rest of the office had to do her job, along with trying to keep up with their own duties, while being gone from work around 25% of the time.
    It must be a blessing to actually rid the office of deadwood when need be.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast