Thread: Lakes in North Dallas

Jay Bird
    I may have a job opportunity in North Dallas, and I want to find out about boating there. We would most likely be living in McKinney. I see Lavon, Ray Hubbard, Lewisville, and Texoma on the map. What are the ins and outs of each of these lakes (for v-drives)? I'm curious about horsepower or speed limits, noise limits, water quality, submerged hazards, general attitude of people, etc...
    Basically, what do you think of each of these? What's your favorite? Am I missing any?
    Thanks, and all opinions are welcome.

beaverfab
    I live south of Fort Worth and we boat on the Brazos River at HY.174 . As far as the lakes you ask about there is some hot boating on Lavon, and Lewisville. Not to many v drive on these lakes to big. There is a web sight texas***boats.com that you can get more info. If you need more info call me 972-438-2277 days 7:00 to 3:30 I will try to help. thanks j.j.

73kona455
    check out .. www.byuboyz.com .. there are alot of texas boaters on there.. and also www.texas***boats.com

Jay Bird
    Thanks guys!! I'll take a look at the web site.

EXTRMBT
    There is also Grapevine, Eagle Mountain, and Ray Roberts which is a bit north. All nice lakes.