Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cole Boats?

gramps
    I saw this on a car lot today..............the lot was closed and no info on the boat except its a Cole. Looks to be about 26' & looks new.
    Anyone have an opinion on Cole? I'm also thinkin about a Chaparral 252 (remember I'm an OLD FART).

work2play
    Welcome to St. George. That is a new Cole. They've been resurrected once again. And I think they call that one a 25. I looked at them before I bought my Dana.

Cole'd Beer
    you can never ever go wrong with a cole. they are great boats. very well made. when you have boats made by a company that last over 30 years, thats a good boat.

Old school Ultra
    Who is actually building the boats? Is it Cole's people? They were amazing boats, if it is still them thats awesome he back in business...

BiggusJimbus
    I have to wonder...
    It doesn't have the Cole logo in the traditional spot.
    They were always beautiful boats. That's a damn fine looking piece, at least in those pics.

gramps
    Welcome to St. George. That is a new Cole. They've been resurrected once again. And I think they call that one a 25. I looked at them before I bought my Dana.
    Do you know anything about that one I saw. It was the one in St. George. I live up the road in Central and make it to town once in a great while. I might go back and get some info later this week.

ahhell
    after you get it can I borrow it ...."DAD"?

does this mean you'll be visiting soon???? the lake is AWSOME (not Mohave)

al cole'holic
    ...as far as I know, at this particular point in time there is no Cole being built by any of the Cole people. I do know that Jim has been in legal battles with a few people who built "Cole" boats under other manufacturers names. In fact I spoke with Jim about a week ago and gave him a few phone numbers, I asked him about laying up a brand new hull and he flat out told me he has no structured build process to even get it done at this point. He did say he was still trying to put something together but nothing is on the table as of yet.

Dribble
    I believe that boat was rigged by Martin Marine on E 6th Street in Corona (951) 272-3610. According to Martin Tyler, Jim Cole approached him and asked if he wanted to build his boats. The molds are at another facility and that guy is also building Cole boats. Martin Marine did my last two boats and I can't say enough good things about their integrity and their boat building skills. I also hear that you can get screamin deal on that boat.

TCHB
    Cole boats used to be one of the best boats around with a strong name like Howard but more into racing in the 80s. Something went haywire and Cole Boats slipped away.
    1. Solid Quality and sometimes on the cutting edge with performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast