Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's a good plae to pull water pressure from?

Already plumbed everything and i forgot to add a T after the regulator to attach my gauge, the water pressure gauge kit from rex came with a small AN fitting, site says it's a 1/8" pipe, wondering if i can put this in the block some where and if so where?

TahitiTiger
    on my 455 I run my water pressure gauge off the back of the intake manifold. I just had to remove a pipe plug, and install the fitting.

i thought about that, i just would really rather run the line lower if possible... i have enough lines running up that way

BrendellaJet
    Shaun,
    Go back to superdave and order -4 line and put it in the intake manifold. On my motor I am running the water exit lines from the tapped ports in the top of the manifold, one on each side of the thermostat. I made a thermostat block off and drilled a hole in the center and tapped it for a 1/4"NPT to -4 Adapter. 12 feet of -4 line gave me plenty of room to route it cleanly and still make it to the gauge. Ill try to get a pic of it so you can see how it looks.

well at the moment my manifold is maxed out, i have the dump to the basset, the main water dump and then the water temp gauge... i have one more hole but it's plugged and somebody broke off a allen tool in it from what it looks like.. unless i drill and tap the therm cover thing i don't really have a place to pull from there. Isnt there a few ports on the block? Stealcomp used these ports i think as inlets for his water?

BrendellaJet
    what about the thermostat, is that blocked off?

TahitiTiger
    what engine? The only other place I would think of is tee it off the pump to block line, or maybe top tee off the water pump block off.

mark IV bbc 454

off the side of the block

off the side of the block
    what Chris said ... off the side of the block, the oil filter side about 1/2 way back there is either a plug or a valve installed into a water jacket ... you can install the gauge there ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast