Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bought a 1992 20' stoker tonight!!

You Te
    If the injectors are on the lean side, how do the spark plugs that those injectors feed look like. Pyros anyone.

Towndrunk
    If the injectors are on the lean side, how do the spark plugs that those injectors feed look like. Pyros anyone.
    Some of these guys don't know about temp gauges and pyros. They will learn after 5 major rebuilds. Maybe:idea:

Tom Brown
    I've noticed running lean seems to cause my sparkplugs to get heavier.
    I test my injectors by energizing them with fuel pressure on a test jig that points the injector into a graduated cylinder. From there, I trigger them for 60 seconds with a simple timer circuit I cooked up myself. As long as the spray pattern is good and they all flow within a couple of percent, that's good enough for me. As I recall, 37 psi should net around 300 mL. This is all per You Tee's private outboard ninja schooling.

565edge
    Well after a month of beating my head in the wall I sent my injectors to brucato.They are the best company I have ever delt with.On time and very nice to boot. I bought a Acu from them and had my injectors cleaned. My new cdi box is junk. Installed the brucato box and its all good! I am very happy the way the boat feels now. It actually accelerates and keeps pulling after half throttle. I pulled it to 7600rpm yesterday 3-4 times. It kept clibing but would run out of lake.Very small lake. I am getting some seat time and listened to what Al stoker told me to do with trimming it up. If I mash it and grab the trim button it does not like to lift.If I keep the motor around neutral and roll into it I can fell the boat lift,at full throttle after it lifts i can start trimming it up and I fell it loosen up and it keeps pulling. I am very happy now and the boat acts completely different now with power behind it... Thanks for the help

Tom Brown
    My new cdi box is junk.
    I have a CDI Racing box and mine is also junk. What's more, I've heard several other reports of the same.

565edge
    I am going to do compression test and see if it looks as when I bought the boat.I am scarred after seeing how lean the motor was going after half throttle. After seeing what is wrong with the box it was going way lean after half throttle. The map sensor was reading only 12.? volts and it is suppose to be over 14 and it was showing engne temp at 260 degree's? The box is brand new?Brucato did not want me to buy a new box until he ran this box on a engine simulator. This is what he found. Brucato''s new box works very very well.Im sending the cdi box back today...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456