Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bought a 1992 20' stoker tonight!!

stoker2001
    With a 24" prop, you will get better acceleration but the top end will suffer. My guess is a 26" ET would be a great all around prop with enough bottom end and plenty of top end to get you into the low to mid 90's.
    Best of luck and enjoy. what he said

565edge
    He said 92. I actually paid for boat last night without looking at it. Picked up from Lakeland marine this morning. Rich said motor should make around 290-300 hp. I would be very happy in the 90's. Got home and washed boat and it looks great.Thanks for the help..Allen

Stoker22
    Thats actually a 20.4 not a 20 it is the boat in the brochure only it had an Evinrude then. It was rerigged without the hydralic jack plate a few years ago. I drove it at Havasu 2 years ago as it now sits and 90 plus was not a problem, get some seat time. A 26 will run faster but the 24 will be quicker.

Towndrunk
    Thats actually a 20.4 not a 20 it is the boat in the brochure only it had an Evinrude then. It was rerigged without the hydralic jack plate a few years ago. I drove it at Havasu 2 years ago as it now sits and 90 plus was not a problem, get some seat time. A 26 will run faster but the 24 will be quicker.
    Ya think the extra 4 inches is a big deal?

vishus
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the 20.4 a slightly different bottom than the 20? Slightly changed strakes and tunnels for a better rough water ride...
    Could be wrong, often am...
    sid

565edge
    This is the boat. What hieght do i need to set jack plate. I took it out today and it runs good. I do need to get some seat time.I had a couple tunnel jets but this is a little different getting out of the throttle.Dont want to end up in the water or deck of boat. Do these boats not require alot of setback?Boat ran great. Took it to 7200rpm and had it trimmed up.It started picking some speed up and a slowly rolled out of it..Just wanted to check propshaft hieght? Thanks for the help..It rolls right on plane.

Towndrunk
    Sounds like it's set up right now. If it ain't broke don't **** with it. NOBODY on this board can set it up over the internet. Use it til you have a problem then diagnose it. Good luck.

Stoker22
    TD I was just letting him know that it is what we call a 204 not the 20. The 4 inches makes little if any difference as you mentioned but the boat is also wider,deeper, heavier and has a totally different bottom thus likes a different set up. Vishus is basically correct on the changes. I will agree the set up sounds close, it likes the ctr of the prop shaft even with the bottom and the tunnel tabs should be 1/2 turn up from level. Have fun if I see you at Havasu I would be more than willing to spend some time with you on the boat.
    TD have you talked to Kevin lately?

565edge
    Thank for the help. Going to the lake tommorow. One more question. I need to screw down 1 of my front seats. Where is a safe place to screw down at. Not sure where the wood is at? Thanks..Allen

Towndrunk
    TD I was just letting him know that it is what we call a 204 not the 20. The 4 inches makes little if any difference as you mentioned but the boat is also wider,deeper, heavier and has a totally different bottom thus likes a different set up. Vishus is basically correct on the changes. I will agree the set up sounds close, it likes the ctr of the prop shaft even with the bottom and the tunnel tabs should be 1/2 turn up from level. Have fun if I see you at Havasu I would be more than willing to spend some time with you on the boat.
    TD have you talked to Kevin lately?
    Actually no. I called not too long ago but he was not in. Why? Whats up.:idea:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast