Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bought a 1992 20' stoker tonight!!

HP350SC
    ya, im looking but not in a rush, i look around a lot on ***boat, and boat trader. I didnt see yours. i must have missed it.
    I have a car motor turd f/s in spam

stoker2001
    I have a car motor turd f/s in spamHEy MIKE
    How goes it?
    We are heading your way this weekend for the Dexter dealio.Hopefully it will be as good as last years showing when we sawed them all off
    Take care and hope to see you soon

HP350SC
    Hey Kevin, hope you kick some ass down there. That boat is consistent isn't it!
    I'll be at Portland Poker run this weekend, not in my boat though...31' cat with 1471 572's and sixes
    Really surprised my boat has not been snapped up at under 40k????

stoker2001
    Hey Kevin, hope you kick some ass down there. That boat is consistent isn't it!
    I'll be at Portland Poker run this weekend, not in my boat though...31' cat with 1471 572's and sixes
    Really surprised my boat has not been snapped up at under 40k????Have fun at the run,sounds like that is some ride!!!!The economy is sucking bigtime right about now,we have been advertising ours like crazy for two months now and havent even got one tirekicker we are probably more buried in our 224 then you are in yours
    take care

You Te
    Interesting!

stoker2001
    Interesting!
    Hey workoholic,how goes it
    I expect you to make a showing in San diego this Sept
    I relinquished the points lead last weekend by turning on the big ugly redlight in round one
    Hadnt done that since last year at San diego:cry:

Towndrunk
    Hey workoholic,how goes it
    I expect you to make a showing in San diego this Sept
    I relinquished the points lead last weekend by turning on the big ugly redlight in round one
    Hadnt done that since last year at San diego:cry:
    Better stop dat chit!

STV_Keith
    Any idea what the boat weighs? Even on the trailer, we can get an idea...go hit the truck scales with it. The 24 will accelerate well, but at 7800rpm (stock rev limit) you're all done around 87mph. Remove the limiter and it will probably turn it into the 8300-8500rpm range and you can pick up a bit on the top end.
    Personally, my rig weighs in around 1850# with me and fuel, and I like a 27 pitch the best. Nice balance of acceleration, top end and cruise RPM. Just hook up with some of us OB guys at the river and try some different props. I usually carry at least one spare prop with me, and can carry two, plus the one on the boat. Can give you some ideas of what else you might like.
    The ET's won't lift the bow as much as a full round ear prop like a Merc chopper or Mazco RE, so it all depends on the boat. I prefer the Mazco RE on my boat, due to the extra weight...it wants the bow lift.
    Not sure where the Stokers like to run for engine height, but my rig ran the hardest with the propshaft centerline 1-1/8" above the bottom with 6" of setback in the jackplate. With the mechanical jackplate, you won't get to adjust on the fly, so it will take longer to find the happy spot...but I'd say play with the jackplate last. Get used to the boat, the try some different props. If any do something you don't like, try moving the jackplate to see how it affects what the boat does with that prop. Some props like to be higher, some like to be more in the water.
    Have fun and be safe.

565edge
    Any idea what the boat weighs? Even on the trailer, we can get an idea...go hit the truck scales with it. The 24 will accelerate well, but at 7800rpm (stock rev limit) you're all done around 87mph. Remove the limiter and it will probably turn it into the 8300-8500rpm range and you can pick up a bit on the top end.
    Personally, my rig weighs in around 1850# with me and fuel, and I like a 27 pitch the best. Nice balance of acceleration, top end and cruise RPM. Just hook up with some of us OB guys at the river and try some different props. I usually carry at least one spare prop with me, and can carry two, plus the one on the boat. Can give you some ideas of what else you might like.
    The ET's won't lift the bow as much as a full round ear prop like a Merc chopper or Mazco RE, so it all depends on the boat. I prefer the Mazco RE on my boat, due to the extra weight...it wants the bow lift.
    Not sure where the Stokers like to run for engine height, but my rig ran the hardest with the propshaft centerline 1-1/8" above the bottom with 6" of setback in the jackplate. With the mechanical jackplate, you won't get to adjust on the fly, so it will take longer to find the happy spot...but I'd say play with the jackplate last. Get used to the boat, the try some different props. If any do something you don't like, try moving the jackplate to see how it affects what the boat does with that prop. Some props like to be higher, some like to be more in the water.
    Have fun and be safe.
    I have been having issues with this motor/boat. It is a 1993 2.5 260 offshore with a cdi digital ecu.The box is new with the limiter in the 11,000 rpm range. I cannot get more than 7,000 rpm out of it. I am heavy at 375 pounds.This prop does not lift the bow.When I trim it up it feels like the boat does not free up and it raises the motor and makes a big roost. I checked the fuel filter,water seperator,installed a fuel guage and it stays right around 39 psi at wide open throttle.I just installed ngk br9hs-10 plugs yesterday and tried last night with same results. It feels after half throttle it lays down.Motor had 140-141 pounds in each cylinder. This is the 3rd cdi box that has been in this boat..Cdi will refund money and Im going to buy a brucato acu-pcu.. I just want to make sure this is the problem..I need help.No one around bakersfield has the diagnostic eq to help. I am new to these and am going crazy. When my wife gets in the boat with me(145 lbs) boat wont go ove 6,000 rpm.With both of us in it it splashes about 1 foot in front of the driver's seat and does not feel safe to drive,kinda feels like it wants to bow steer...Thanks..Allen

STV_Keith
    At 39psi, I assume you have the gold fuel pressure regulator. Do you know what A-code ECU you have (ie, A48, A49, A63, etc)? Do you know where the adjustment pot is set? How low is the motor at this point...did you measure the c/l of the PS to the bottom as mentioned above? If the motor was way low, it may do what you describe too. Are you monitoring the fuel pressure as you drive down the lake to verify that it doesn't drop off with load? Those motors make their peak power in the 7500-8000rpm range...you're not even getting to it. I cruise down the lake at 5500-6000rpm. When you stab the throttle, it should jump to at least 5500rpm and then accelerate from there.
    Before getting rid of the cdi box you have now, I'd be looking into these other things. Also, is the prop stamped with the pitch? How fast are you going at 6000rpm with you and your wife?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast