Thread: imco drive question

Badburn
    I'm not getting water up to my sea pump, I found that the hose from the drive is not connected. It looks like there may be a piece missing, there is a hose, and just a hole that goes into the drive(no nipple or anything to connect to)..............anyone know what this piece is called, or where to get one?
    http://www.westcoastoutlaws.com/drive.jpg
    http://www.westcoastoutlaws.com/drive2.jpg

BadKachina
    There is an insert that goes into the hose from the other side of the bell housing. Part#41674. Retail is a whole 1.45. It's probably still in the other side, what you do is push the hose into the hole and insert the plastic insert into the hose to keep it in place. (you'll need to remove the drive first).

Badburn
    There is a plastic insert still in the end of the hose. The hose is not quite long enough to reach the hole when the drive is all the way up. Im guessing the hose got pulled out the first time I raised the drive. Does this sound normal? Seems like the hose should be longer.(thats what she said)

BadKachina
    Part # 32-43437. The hose is pre cut, pre shaped and a set length for Bravo drives.

Badburn
    Thanks Man. ***boat rules!

acatitude
    get rid of that damn thing and get a low water pickup thru the bottom for motor and let the drive just kool itself .. get another sea strainer just for the motor and we will replumb the existing for intercooler only . water in thru pump then thru oil cooler then into motor . sounds like a next week project...
    kachina do you have to take the back cover off the drive also??? how does it connect??

Run_em_Hard
    There is a tool that aids in installing and removing those inserts. It is similar to a socket but with 4 notches on the outside.