Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nasty Rich At Idle

BLOWN HOWARD
    Is there a size or p/n on the power valves??? How many is there 2 per carb or one per carb

IMPATIENT 1
    Is there a size or p/n on the power valves??? How many is there 2 per carb or one per carb
    from the factory they have 1 pv in each metering plate(2 per carb)
    but most peeps only run 1 pv in the frt and block the rear
    yes the pv number should be stamped on it.

BLOWN HOWARD
    Do the power valves have an affect on the idle circuit and start up?? Is there a way by looking at them to see if they are bad or not?? Thanks for everybody's help on this issue. Was getting ready to have Carb Shop do a rebuild but at 350 a carb hopefully i can find the problem my self. What does a protection kit consisit of for the power valves.
    Chris

IMPATIENT 1
    Do the power valves have an affect on the idle circuit and start up?? Is there a way by looking at them to see if they are bad or not?? Thanks for everybody's help on this issue. Was getting ready to have Carb Shop do a rebuild but at 350 a carb hopefully i can find the problem my self. What does a protection kit consisit of for the power valves.
    Chris
    the diaphragm is what gets blown, you can take a vaccuum pump and pull on the vaccuum side , if the plunger stays pulled in under vaccuum its good, if it doesn't it bad. most of the pv i've blown , you could look at em and see the diaphragm pieces hangin out the sides.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Chris
    Talk to Dave Lange @ Fuel Curve specialties. He's on 9th in Upland.
    909-920-3779

Blown 472
    You might want to see if he put the whistles on the vent for the bowl, white plastic things stuck on the metering blocks, my motor never ran for shit with them on.

BLOWN HOWARD
    Talk to Dave Lange @ Fuel Curve specialties. He's on 9th in Upland.
    909-920-3779
    Yeah i was given his number by Peterson Performance also. Might have to hit him up. Will he tune the carbs on the boat?

JMC
    Are you fouling several plugs or just one side? If he removed the needle assembly you may have a pinched o-ring on it. Have you pulled all the bowl window plugs to see if they are overflowing?

VDRIVERACING
    Not a new application. Had the carbs re-done and told the guy it ran perfect and started up no problems. Just to clean up carbs and put all new gaskets. Ever since then it constantly fouls plugs on start up. and when i can get it running it is richer than hell. Once up and running its all fine. But when it sits for awhile and go to start up major pain in the ass usually resulting in fouled plugs.
    Just curious... what did the vendor who did the carbs have to say about this? Did you take them back to them for inspection?

jockorace
    Could be a remote chance your "carb guy" put an incorrect metering plate gasket. There are some subtle differences that are hard to notice sometimes.
    I once changed gaskets in a hurry, couldn't figure out why fuel was dribbling into venturis. I had used a 4500 (dominator) gasket in a 4150 carb. Jocko

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast