Thread: Renting Motorhomes

BrendellaJet
    I'd like to try out renting a motorhome as an alternative to camping. Can anyone recommend a company or individual to rent from? Im looking for something clean and relatively new yet still affordable. Not looking for a monster(unless its a good deal) but rather something in the 25-30 foot range for two adults and a baby.AC is a must. If there is more room then that is okay, as there will be others going on the trip, but not sleeping inside...
    Also if anyone can recommend some do's & donts of traveling with one that would be helpful. Areas of interest are on the river, south of Parker. Prefer something as local to the river as possible so I dont end up wasting a ton of gas on the commute.
    Thanks for any input!

tamalewagon
    El Monte RV or CruiseAmerica are your best bets.

Big Inch
    Don't drive with the tv antenna up

uvindex
    Don't drive with the tv antenna up Or the step extended or the sewer hose connected or the windshield sunshade installed or the dog tied to the rear bumper. (I used to worry about doing just that with the antenna in my class C, so after I made camp I'd put the RV ignition keys on the little crank used to lower the TV antenna. Checklists are helpful too).
    Happy camping!

2Driver
    We rented from Cruise America for the Parker 425 race. 1st time in a RV and it was fun and just right for being out by Bouse for the race with the family. They are not cheap if you plan to drive a lot. We had fun and no mishaps

cxr133
    El Monte RV or CruiseAmerica are your best bets.
    Too expensive.
    try Craiglist.... i have ran across a few private owners willing to rent out Class C motorhomes through there

socalmoney

HighRoller
    If you just want a bucket to rent and thrash call El Monte or Cruise America. If you're looking for a really nicely maintained rig call Expedition Motor Homes in Calabasas. My buddy just rented a 31' Class C from them and it was immaculate inside and out. All their stuff is privately owned and super clean.