Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Antelope Point (Powell) theft issues?

Outnumbered
    Is this ramp secure for overnight parking? We may be camping at Powell and wondered if I should just launch and leave the truck at Wahweep since it seems to be pretty safe and busy there.
    Thanks

gramps
    From what i have heard it should be safe there. They even offer valet launch services...........

Outnumbered
    From what i have heard it should be safe there. They even offer valet launch services...........
    I think the vallet service is only at the marina private ramp (the notch ramp). There is also a public ramp just to the south. The public ramp it the one I am considering using.

Baja Big Dog
    I think the vallet service is only at the marina private ramp (the notch ramp). There is also a public ramp just to the south. The public ramp it the one I am considering using.
    Vallet?? WOW!
    Was sittin at Moabi for the follies last weekend, told my bro if some kid had any brains they would give rides back to overflow parking for a couple of bucks...It would work great until the local county officals found out!

Outnumbered
    Vallet?? WOW!
    Here is the ramp. They won't let you back your own boat down I guess there are too many rookies out there
    http://www.azod.com/Camp-Hiking/Arch...int%20ramp.jpg

CMac
    Is this ramp secure for overnight parking? We may be camping at Powell and wondered if I should just launch and leave the truck at Wahweep since it seems to be pretty safe and busy there.
    Thanks
    We've launched at Antelope ramp about 6 times and left the truck & trailer there for long periods, 7-9 days some times, without any trouble. it's generaly quiet there and I havn't heard of any incidences.
    Seems we've been lucky, going in the middle of the week, and got a spot on the ramp every time.

Outnumbered
    We've launched at Antelope ramp about 6 times and left the truck & trailer there for long periods, 7-9 days some times, without any trouble. it's generaly quiet there and I havn't heard of any incidences.
    Seems we've been lucky, going in the middle of the week, and got a spot on the ramp every time.
    Cool thanks. That is what I am looking for. Do they have security?

CMac
    Cool thanks. That is what I am looking for. Do they have security?
    No, but I think the fact that you have to pay at the gate keeps some of the theifs out.
    thiefs, crap, I cant spell.

CMac
    When you goin??

Outnumbered
    Oh, I did not realize there is a gate to the public ramp. Is there a 24 hour attendant?
    Not sure yet on the dates, depends on work but most likely over the 4th. You going out too?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast