Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPod as only source

Mr. Naudio
    Daisy chain them and use both.
    As of yet the rf remote is not going to play nice with the pac piece working on it though.

Deano
    As of yet the rf remote is not going to play nice with the pac piece working on it though.
    What is pac? Are you talking about linking the hard and rf remotes together or the rf remote alone?

Mr. Naudio
    What is pac? Are you talking about linking the hard and rf remotes together or the rf remote alone?
    The pac is used to make the sony or cps hard wired remote work with the alpine head unit and will not work with the rf receiver as of yet. The rf remote will work fine with the alpine as will the hard wired remotes but not together.

Racey
    The solution is the new Alpine IDA-X001.
    Just put one in our SR-22 project and it is badass, not only will it run an ipod, but you can also load music (mp3s) on to any USB flash drive and plug it in also. The thing is badass, and not bad for 400 bucks, no cd player in it.

Deano
    Thanks for the info. fyi, I paid 280 plus shipping on ebay. Hopefully it is as advertised. I picked up the remote for around 80.

Dub C
    http://www.ssvworks.com/SC-BTK.html
    this works well,bluetooth ipod interface, no fader/sub control but most wub amps have sub knob volume input.

Cheap Thrills

Essexive G's
    The best stereo head unit I have ever had. Great iPod interface, super easy to navigate and use. Alpine makes a waterproof wireless RF remote that works great with them.
    How is the RF remote working on the boat. I have the older IR remote, and it does not work well in the sun.
    Always been an Alpine guy, and have considered the new unit since the day it came out. I'm running the 9835 right now but never use the CD player. I'm just not sure whether I'm ready to give up the EQ.

phebus
    RF remote works great, flawless.

Tom Brown
    Audio Control (http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/pr...0&l1=5250&l2=#)
    C.T. :wink:
    That looks like a nice control unit. I've always liked Audio Control. It's too bad it's 1/2 din. It would be nice if they would make something like that Alpine unit that would fit in a regular dash hole.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast