Thread: new melones lake info???

rowe67
    I was thinking about going to new melones and have never been there before also concidering pine flat lake can anyone tell about them or maybe any other lakes. we want to try something new other than havi or naci
    thanks!

sleekcraft78
    New melones is my chioce. There are a couple forks you can go up that are no Ski zones. Makes for a nice ride WFO, hardly any chop. We will be going first weekend in aug. Even on big weekends it seems like you don't run into very many people. If your going to camp, the best places are in Big Oak and Iron Horse. The sites have more flat areas. Tuttle town camp ground you stay on cliff's.

Insurance God
    New Melones is awesome! It is very scenic, the water is warm & very clear! When are you going? I am planning on getting up there soon, just haven't picked a weekend.

Rocket-J
    By the way, it is free. At least the last time I was there. A great place to go and get away from people. The only draw back is there are no hook-ups for Motor Homes. Have fun. Al

sleekcraft78
    Getting on the lake is free, but you do have to pay for the campsite. I think I just paid around $32.00 for friday and saturday night. They say there is a dump staition for your Rv but in the 4 years I've been going it has never been open.

Obsessive Compulsive
    Keep in mind that it is 120' down. That sucks.

nobling
    Thumbs up on N.M. lake, The road going in there is alittle twisty and tight if you got a large boat, but the lake is for sure way back in time!!! Those people love to see boats over 24ft or ones with big power!!! :sqeyes: Theres also don pedro, lake tulloch,lake turlock and lake Mculure.
    I have a house on lake tulloch(very small) thats mostly a fish, ski and tube mello community. It has a hotel to say at and a small camp ground on far side of lake that i know nothing about.
    Do them all, it makes a great 5 day adventure. Also outside the lakes theres some killer sight seeing to do..

nobling
    OH by the way do not put a performance boat on tulloch.It pisses off the homeowners and the local Sheriff. I only put my cat on the lake if I drag it up there for the large lakes.