Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Earle - Wildlife Refuge Manager...

Phat Matt
    Thanks for the warning. Now sign up and join the fun.
    Now I have to figure out what mufflers will work on my boat. Clamp ons won't work with my external steering and I can't make it up to Moabi without them from now on.
    I guess my STOCK 496's are too loud.

Mandelon
    Turn one off.....

Jyruiz
    Not sure, but is it too late for silent choice?

Havasu_Dreamin
    Not sure, but is it too late for silent choice?
    Silent Choice will make you quieter but it is still in violation of the law as the muffling device needs to be in constant operation.....
    I've exchanged emails with John Earle before and he has been very helpful in answering my questions.....

RiverDave
    Thanks for the warning. Now sign up and join the fun.
    Now I have to figure out what mufflers will work on my boat. Clamp ons won't work with my external steering and I can't make it up to Moabi without them from now on.
    I guess my STOCK 496's are too loud.
    I'm wondering if you can get some slip in's, that go on the inside of the exhaust pipe. Probably cost you some HP, but atleast you wouldn't be breaking the bank compared to all the rest of the options that went through my head..
    I'm surprised the stockers didn't pass? 496 boats don't seem that loud to me when they are up and running?
    RD

Lavey5150
    I was eating a spotted owl dipped in Big Horn sauce for lunch while the Warden lectured me...............

Biglue
    I'm wondering if you can get some slip in's, that go on the inside of the exhaust pipe. Probably cost you some HP, but atleast you wouldn't be breaking the bank compared to all the rest of the options that went through my head..
    I'm surprised the stockers didn't pass? 496 boats don't seem that loud to me when they are up and running?
    RD
    My stock H.O. was a decibel under the limit at idle. The tips are under a swim step which probably helps amplify the noise. THis was at the marina in Havasu tho. Who knows how credible that test was.

That Guy
    I leave you alone for one weekend..... Did you just get pulled over running up river?

OutCole'd
    You sure it was the motors and not the stereo??

Magic34
    Reroute it through the prop hub. It will make your boat faster too with the exhaust thrust.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast