Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eye Of The Tiger Drag Boat

1320h2o
    Does anyone know the history of these boats?I do know johnny harris owned the Eliminator and raced it in the 80's think it was ubg.Anybody know when Tommy built the cheyenne? And what happened to the Eliminator?Buddy of mine just baught the cheyenne!

blue wonder
    Does anyone know the history of these boats?I do know johnny harris owned the Eliminator and raced it in the 80's think it was ubg.Anybody know when Tommy built the cheyenne? And what happened to the Eliminator?Buddy of mine just baught the cheyenne!
    well congrats on the purchase...he got one of the most famous drag boats there is....ive been trying to find that boat to buy it for the last 3 years...hint of advice...dont touch the bottom!!!!!!!

blue wonder
    got any pics of it????

1320h2o
    He baught from a guy name Bob Perry! my buddy built a 525 blown alky chevy with 14 and a buzz! boat came with a bunch of hardware not much for blown application though!We played all weekend till i got pitched out of my own boat!now im to sore to do anything so thaught id start this thread!Ill try to get him to post some pics really looking for some history on the cheyenne!

pce680
    The Cheyenne was sold to a guy in Tennessee about 6/7 years ago.Dennis Honic owned it and painted it yellow.The gel coat colors were orange/black.Sal DeRenzi owned it before Dennis.Sal bought it from Johnny Harris when Johnny switched to a Hydro.Sal also built motors for Dennis.Dennis raced it at NJBA in UBFJ for 3 or 4 years with Sal working on the motors and the hardware.
    Johnny's fast Eliminator was sold to a friend of Johnny's back east.His friends son crashed the boat and was killed.

1320h2o
    Is it possible there was two cheyenne's do you remember bob perry? He ran this one under the name Tequila Sunrise! the gel is also orange yellow and black! I have gone back to some old power boat mag. from the 80's all the gel coat looks almost identical to the Eliminator!

1320h2o
    You can see the name EYE OF THE TIGER painted down the front of the deck! Can anyone help with the history on this boat?

Can anyone help with the history on this boat?
    I think Ron (pce680) did ... he should know, he was racing with them then.
    can you post a picture of the boat, or e-mail a picture to me ( brian@socalracefuels.com ) and I will post it for you. that should help you in your quest.
    are you saying that your buddy has the cheyenne back from Tennesee?

1320h2o
    That's what i dont get,I remember racing with Dennis and yes that boat was yellow this one isn't!Back when I raced my eliminator I remember this boat Bob was freinds with Don harris!Brian your father-in-law might remember he raced with NJBA a couple times!I dont think this is the boat from Tennesee but I could be wrong!

pce680
    I think Johnny Harris had 2 Cheyenne's that Tommy Papp built.I think the first one he had he didn't like that much and he sold it and went back to his Eliminator.I remember that Johnny drove back east to get his Eliminator back, when he couldn't beat us.At the same time Dennis Serber built him a aluminum pontiac head motor and he ran it in the Eliminator and the second Cheyenne.That was 1988.
    Dennis Serber would know for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast