Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parts advice, need to spend some money

socalmoney
    I need to replace a few things on my 21' Eliminator jet boat. It has a 460.
    Bilge pump. I see them range from $25.00 to $200.00
    Bilge blower.
    Distributer. Leaning toward a MSD Ready To Run.
    Optima Batt and Batt Box. What should I get here. Need one to start but want to add a second down the line.
    Intake Manifold. Leaning toward Edlebrock Performer.
    Any comments on the above would be appreciated.

Xlration Marine
    To bad you don't live just a little closer. I have a bunch of new bildge pumps sitting in my cabinet.

socalmoney
    To bad you don't live just a little closer. I have a bunch of new bildge pumps sitting in my cabinet.
    Where is "right here for now"?

Mr. Crusader 83
    Bilge Pump - Any will work. I got a $40 from WestMarine
    Intake Manifold - Edelbrock, single plane.

socalmoney
    Bilge Pump - Any will work. I got a $40 from WestMarine
    Intake Manifold - Edelbrock, single plane.
    The motor is bone stoke with a new top end done several years ago. The stock intake is a duel plane cast iron. You think I should throw on a single plane?

HalletDave
    The motor is bone stoke with a new top end done several years ago. The stock intake is a duel plane cast iron. You think I should throw on a single plane?
    Weiand Stealth intake

Mr. Crusader 83
    MSD - 85551 Billet Dist with 6M box and coil.

socalmoney
    This is twice the price of the Ready To Run set up.
    http://www.msdignition.com/mari_9.htm
    What is the advantage of going with this setup?

Hustler
    Just get the 6al and make sure it's mounted in a area that will stay dry. 6m box is more expensive to buy and more expensive to repair due to the potting on the back. I have ran a 6al for 7 years years with out a problem.

If you don't plan on building the motor for more horsepower I'd go with the Weiand Stealth. It'll serve you just fine up to 500 hp. I ran one with a Holley 850 dp carb for a number of years along with a 100 hp nitrous kit for 600 hp total. It worked great.
    Even if you don't want to build more power, it'll still work as good or better than your current intake and you will shave off some weight by making the switch. (I also ran my Weiand for a couple years on a near stock motor and it worked fine).
    If you plan on building more power than 600 hp, probably the Victor single plane as suggested.
    As for the bilge pump, I swear by my little 500 gph Rule bilge pump. It's completely automatic and doesn't have the stupid little flipper lever to turn it on and off. It has some circuitry built into it and will turn itself on every 2.5 minutes. It if senses the resistance of water on the impeller, it'll pump til it's empty then turn itself off. If it doesn't sense the resistance (bilge is empty), it'll just run for a second then turn itself off. Requires no thought and works great. $52 at West Marine. I've turned a couple buddies on to it and they're just like me.................can't figure out how they ever lived without it.
    When my boat is in the water, I just turn on the bilge pump switch and let it do it's thing. Power usage is so minimal due to it's cool design, I'll leave it on all the time while the boat is in the water over a three day weekend. Once after a weekend I accidentally left it on for two weeks while the boat was in the garage. It didn't drain the battery at all (perceptibly anyway). Definitely some of the best money I've ever spent on the barge..
    Here's a link to it. Mine's the little 500 gph one in the middle.
    http://images.westmarine.com/full/ru...bilgepumps.jpg
    Rule's product description.
    An internal computer chip cycles these pumps on every 2.5 minutes, then quickly shuts them down if no water is detected. The 25S-3 500gph pump has 3-way wiring for connecting to a switch for manual override of indicator light.
    Built-in strainer bases snap off to make cleaning easy
    Completely submersible
    Corrosion proof and ignition protected
    3-year warranty
    Description WM Model# MFG Part # Price In Stock? Qty
    500Gph, 12V, 1.9A Draw, 3/4 Port, H-4xW-2-3/8 491928 25S Only $52

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast