Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Commander peeps, chime in please.

HM
    better than yours???
    Very very true. If you knew the shitbox I just bought!
    I don't think anything bad of commander owners. They are cool looking boats. They usually do exactly what most of their owners require. For the ones that it doesn't...it was a good entry level type of boat for them and they know what to look for and what to stay away from.

HM
    Everyone is talking about re-sale being an indicator of quality...
    Bayliners have the absolute best re-sale of any boat...and I think we can all agree that Bayliners are like fatchicks...fun to ride until your friends see you on one. Even the fags in bench racers have a gay limit.
    The reason their resale is so good is that they have a well established name for the NON-boater and the typical NON-boater thinks they are the best boat to be owned.
    Boat resale has been great across the board for the past 8 years - but only on the surface and only if you don't account for inflation. Money was the cheapest to get your hands on from 1999 to 2006. Home values sky rocketing allowed people to use home equity like an ATM machine....lots of cash so prices can rise very fast without too much complaining. If this real estate market takes a big dive...you can be rest assured that very few boats will maintain any kind of resale except for the very top tiers of boats - boats are a cash consuming depreciating asset...the majority will under perform inflation by a large margin.

RiverDave
    And at the end of the day, it's still going to be a 70's era Spectra with a small block and an alpha drive, unless you go really crazy and try to polish a turd, throw 20 times what it's worth and turn it into a v-drive.
    Why would I turn it into a V-Drive? I'd rather own a 70's era Spectra (that's not a shitbox) then a new commander any day of the week.
    You'd be better off to sell it and buy a 20' Hogan boat from Danny already set up how you want it.
    who said I'm not?
    I was working all day, but it's pretty funny that you're cappin' on everyones' boats as shitboxes when the biggest thing you've ever "owned" was a 22' Nordic, that you bitched about the same warranty issues that the Commander guys are bitching about now.
    I complained about a porpousing issue.. and one light issue up front. The rigging on that boat wasn't great, but wasn't terrible.. Better then the commanders for shizzle.
    Remember the porpoise in the boat and the 500lbs of sand and the 23 different whale tails you guys machined to make the boat behave, the whole time that Nordic was telling you there wasn't a problem??? :notam:
    Yep, and as I said.. If something's wrong with something, then I'll keep on going until it's finally fixed.
    Hey Dave, I got Kettle on the phone for you and he says you're black as a motherphucka!!!
    I've always known I was black from the waist down.
    Why don't you try dropping some coin on YOUR own boat before you start baggin' on everyone elses' shit.
    Already did, and do all the time.
    The point I was making Jordy, is that while commanders ARE half assed from the get go, any boat could be half assed.. Hell you had one of my dream boats for awhile (21 Schiada) that boat was a shitbox. You immediately recognized that, and started fixing little things on that boat (new guages etc..) to unshitbox it. Eventually you realized it'd probably be more work then it's worth, or lost interest and ended up offing the boat.
    Even a Schiada can be a shitbox, albeit it rare it does happen.
    RD

RiverDave

Yes Bildgie, before you there was some other photochop master on ***boat..
    Ibex
    RD

andy01
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...roken_boat.jpg
    LOL Brian that picture is f ing old man, that is like Castic or some shit.....
    LMFAO
    Andy

Ziggy
    So is that your way of saying that I'm just another pretty face?
    Maybe he's asking you to make his arm move back and forth now

andy01
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1184275382
    Lol I don't know how you guys do that shit, but sometimes it is funny as hell.
    Andy

Phat Matt
    I can only say that resale may be a little harder than other manufacturers.
    I only base that on how many years it took Phat Matt to sell his. Is it still for sale?
    In my defense I only had it for sale on here. I had a buyer back out originally which screwed me over the winter. I was never home on weekends to show it. I should have just put it on a lot. This year I put it in the boat trader and it was gone the first week. I had to tell them twice to pull the ad because I was getting calls daily months after selling it. I should have put it in for more money.

Kilrtoy
    In my defense I only had it for sale on here. I had a buyer back out originally which screwed me over the winter.
    Oh you just had to go there didn't cha

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425