Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Fuel Pump vs. Mechanical Fuel Pump

Aduner2
    Mechanical for me, believe in kiss. However Gen 5 blocks don't have provisions for a mechanical so there is no choice. Had a Holley blue pump quit on the lake, had to be towed in. :cry:

bradbigsley
    Just one question. Why would you want anything electrical on a boat[around water and fiberglass is a bad ground] ? Mechanical pumps are cleaner installation and you don't get gas to carbs after sittting till it pumps up, which gives oil pump time to build pressure. Budlight my 02 cents
    this is why i run the carter mechanical pump. i dont care what anybody says, WATER AND ELECTRICAL DONT MIX, so why add more wires and ultimately more problems if not needed?

Wicked Performance Boats
    Here's a further thought---- I run a magneto and a mechanical fuel pump. If my battery goes dead or I develop an electrial short. I can disconnect the battery and all wires, get a jump start and get back to boat launch. Budlight

LGCDEVIL
    this is why i run the carter mechanical pump. i dont care what anybody says, WATER AND ELECTRICAL DONT MIX, so why add more wires and ultimately more problems if not needed?
    Harsh words from a guy with a stero in his boat Also, those mechanical pumps have been known to shoot out fire sometimes!!!!!!!!!!

Wicked Performance Boats
    Harsh words from a guy with a stero in his boat. What's a stero? Budlight

bradbigsley
    Harsh words from a guy with a stero in his boat Also, those mechanical pumps have been known to shoot out fire sometimes!!!!!!!!!!
    thats only when the devil is around. if the stereo goes out i can still make it back to the ramp you fag.

LGCDEVIL
    Also, those mechanical pumps have been known to shoot out fire sometimes!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
    "Ok Brad, you turn it over, and I will look in here and see if gas comes out"

Taylorman
    What's a stero?
    Good one

flat broke
    Or in the case of the bus if you have a stuck float it will fill up the entire engine. lol
    I like pumps that don't run unless the engine is running myself.
    Electric - ...will continue to pump fuel so long as it has voltage, regardless of whether or not the engine is running (Bad)
    C'mon chief, ya know I run a Clay Smith mechanical on my rig and I owe it all to you
    Got a ride for October yet?
    Chris

76ANTHONY
    well, i just changed my system from a deadhead system to a bypass system, i also have a holley blue it was overheating and now it doesnt have any problems. just my .02. oh and i run two edle's 750's on a tunnel ram and an olds 455..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast